How to get a 4yr old to quit pooping in their pants

I have tried everything, except spanking and I am not doing that! I have tried sticker charts, prizes, praise and threats. This child will not poop on the potty, she goes in her pants. I told her that if the other kids found out they would laugh at her or make fun of her and she does not care. I just dont know how to get her to poop on the potty. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks

texasmomma5

Asked by texasmomma5 at 3:29 PM on Jul. 19, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• trying to break mine in from doing something smiliar to that.well its kinda hard but we'll get it done , right
    1LovelyAngel

Answer by 1LovelyAngel at 3:31 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• you just gotta be consistant. my 3yr old used to poop in his undies all the time. now recently he only does it every now and then, mostly when he's playing and doesn't want to take the time and run to the potty. if he's not playing, or interested in something, and he has to go, he tells me. however, i took the punishment approach. he knows he has to poop in the potty. sometimes i'd just talk to him about it, but if it was 3 days in a row, he'd have to go to time out for going in his underwear, since talking obviously wasn't working. GL
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 3:40 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• Saw on here that one mom had a "party" for her child. Hats, balloons, noise makers, etc. Dr. Phil promotes this idea also. Have family who will be supportive come over and make a big deal about it. Prizes too. Google "Dr. Phil toilet training" and you'll see info. GL

http://drphil.com/articles/article/264
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 3:41 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I'm in your boat with my 4 yo son. He knows he's supposed to use the potty and will pee in the potty, but just poops in his pants. So frustrating!
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 3:46 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• i told mine that she was going to get icky boo boos and bugs might even come if she doesnt stop. she stopped.
    Anonymous

• Well Ive been consistent with her but she just does not seem to care. As of right now I am setting the timer and she is spending 10 minutes every hour on the toilet. She still pooed in her panties inbetween the hours. I just dont know whats next. We offered to take her to chuck e cheese and the park. Neither place worked.
    texasmomma5

Comment by texasmomma5 (original poster) at 2:52 AM on Jul. 22, 2010