Marriage Conseling

Have you ever tried it? Did it help?

Also, how much did it cost and did your insurance cover it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:33 PM on Jul. 19, 2010 in Relationships

• My husband and I went for about 6 months, in our case it didn't help much. He had too many of own issues to work through on top of the turmoil I created in our relationship. He wasn't putting in the effort, just went because I said we needed to if things we're going to get better. I stopped going once the counselor told us we needed to get divorced, there were many other reasons, but I decided until he started to put in real effort and focus on what he needed to do I wasn't going to waste my money. I have been in therapy for 3 years on my own and have made a lot of progress. I thinking counseling is great, but for marriage counseling it takes two people to put in the effort. I have insurance and it does cover it but each plan is different. My therapists cost $100 an hour, my insurance covers half...so its not so bad.
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 3:47 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• sorry not good answer here bc i personally haven't done it. But my bff has she her marriage was in shambles and thats the only reason it surviived she swears by it.... another couple did it too, they seem happier at least but they have a severely dysfuctional relationship... and councilor would ask them to say everything they didn't like that they did or can't stand w.in last week. ya that starts a ginormous fight!

I desperately want to go but my s.o. refuses bc he doesn't want to discuss his "issues" with someone who has no idea of past and situations ect. but i have been thinking of going solo, ive heard that is incredibly beneficial too!

Depending if u have insurance it sometimes covers it ....
    Elizzaay

Answer by Elizzaay at 3:39 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• Yes. Some insurance does cover it. It usually cost any where from $50.00 an hour to whatever the counselor feels like charging you. It depends on who you go to.

It did help.
    AdrianaS

Answer by AdrianaS at 3:40 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I have gone. It didn't help because he refused to allow it to. I continued to go on my own and it helped me. My insurance did cover it, and I think the co-pay was $25 or $30 or something.
    MeandMyBabes

Answer by MeandMyBabes at 4:55 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• In this area, most relationship counseling is between $75 and $125 an hour. Some insurance will cover part of it, there's usually a co-pay.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 9:10 PM on Jul. 19, 2010