feeling down in the dumps

I have going through a rough time right now. My husband was without a full time job for a over a year and we fell behind on our mortgage and may get foreclosed on soon. I live in a townhousthe health bene and there's no pool, play area, or anything to do. People walk their dogs on the grass so I'm not letting my kids play where dogs have been going to the bathroom.
We have no money to do anything. It seems liek everyone around me is having a fun summer. They go away for weeks at a time, put their kids in different activities and are always getting together doing stuff. I feel like i'm in a black hole and everyone around me is having fun and has made progress in their life and i'm still doing nothing. Work sucks and my hours have been cut and i may lose the health benefits for my family. Yet we make too much money to get any help from anyone or anywhere. And i see all my friends getting together thanks to facebook but not me

paula405

Asked by paula405 at 3:40 PM on Jul. 19, 2010 in Health

• I'm sorry to hear all of this. Is there a local library with a story hour, at least? Are there any museums in the area that have "free" days? Is there a chamber of commerce for your town, or county visitor's center, where you can get some ideas? Ours has free concerts one day a week. All these places should have websites too. Google your town plus the words "things to do" and see what comes up. Wish I could do more for you. Good Luck..
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 3:47 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I am in the exact same boat Paula405. Seriously. And no one seems to understand it. I moved to Myrtle Beach, South Carolina last June 2009 and thought that I was gonna be happy down here and make new friends and have a better life than I had in Buffalo, New York, but so far everything's the same. I have made no real friends and I sit down and obseve things that my neighbors and other people do that I can't do. It always seems like everyone else is enjoying their lives and are happy no matter what, and me I just suffer, suffer, suffer. I wanted to get away from the winter and the cold and thought that this would be paradise. But it isn't. So I feel you. I know where your coming from. I agree with everything that you have said here. I feel the exact same way. If you want to shoot me a message feel free cause I am in your same boat. Bet we are in two differrent states. Ofcourse.
    MamaNiecey

Answer by MamaNiecey at 11:45 PM on Jul. 20, 2010