What is the 3 day potty training program?

my daughter is 17 and 1/2 months and know "poopoo" and "peepee", i think she is ready to introduce the potty even if she isnt ready in 3 days. But i AM curious of what the 3 day potty training is and how do i find it for free?

babySTAR09

Asked by babySTAR09 at 3:48 PM on Jul. 19, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• http://www.3daypottytraining.com/

I wish it was free to get the info on it.

itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 3:53 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• i already saw that website i didnt know if anyone knew what it was without paying :)
    babySTAR09

Comment by babySTAR09 (original poster) at 3:56 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 4:01 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I tried the 3 day potty training with my now almost 3 yr old and it has not worked. I know it has worked for some and not all. Good Luck.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 4:02 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• i got it. shouldn't have though. i was already doing what it told me to do. waste of money since i already had all the info. all you really do is no pullups, just underwear. get a timer, set it for every hour, when it goes off, it's POTTY TIME! make a big deal about it. if she doesn't go, set it for every half hour until she does go, then back to an hour. you can do sticker charts, i didn't, i just gave him stickers when he went, he liked that better. or you can do treats, m&m's, mini marshmellows, ect. 1 for pee, 2 for poop. be consistant. stay at home this whole time, if at all possible. it's more that you'll see a routine of when they go potty, so like if she goes poop 15 minutes after dinner, put her on the potty at that time. put her on the potty about 15 minutes after she drinks something as well. she'll be in undies after 4 days, but you have to watch the time, she won't tell you until she figures out the feeling
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 4:04 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• of going, even then it'll be too late, but at least she's understanding. after that she'll start feeling the sensation of having to go, it will be last minute at first, until she gets used to it and tells you a few minutes before hand. it will be a while before she can actually hold it. my son was in undies after 4 days, and during those 4 days, the resolve was glued to my hand and my best friend. when she goes, have her clean it up, just use a towel, then you go behind her and clean it with the chemicals. the next week i had plans, so when we went out i put a pull up OVER his undies, the feeling of the undies on him helped him feel when he was wet. the 'wet feeling' pull ups are a joke, he didn't feel anything. GL, i started at 2 1/2yrs old, when he turned 3 is when he started telling me when he had to go, he's now 3 1/2 and telling me when he has to poop. yes, we have a few accidents, but mostly when he's playing and doesn't
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 4:09 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• want to stop just to go potty. when kids are potty training, they think going potty takes away play time, so they don't stop. same if they're into a tv show or something. (which is why i love DVR, i can pause it to send him potty)

so that's basically it. at first you keep an eye on them, their actions, like squirming or holding themselves, the time, how long it's been since she's went, how much has she drank since she's went, ect. in between potty times. that's what it means by 3 days. it doesn't mean they'll sit there and tell you every single time they have to go. it takes time, patience, determination, and consistancy. and i'm not going to lie. it's VERY frustrating! some days you just want to pull your hair out and scream at them "why haven't you figured it out yet???"

GL. I've got ds basically almost done, in a couple months, dd is next. *sigh* i wish they came out potty trained...
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 4:15 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• Thanks Armywife43. im a stay-at-home-mom so ill be able to watch her habits, its just since shes had a diaper on i havent been able to notice a habit of peeing or anything. ill try paying closer attention
    babySTAR09

Comment by babySTAR09 (original poster) at 5:30 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• Armywife43 thank you thank you thank you, i just started the potty training thing about a week ago. and i couldnt figure it all out. but now that you explained it all i think im goin to have this nipped in the butt. thank you babySTAR09 for asking the question i was thinking. i heard of the 3 day potty training but i wasnt goin to pay for something that i could always ask someone about lol, so thanks to both of you
    dakotas_mom2008

Answer by dakotas_mom2008 at 5:20 AM on Jul. 21, 2010