what is wrong with me!?

I get so angry sometimes and I take it out on everybody around me... I love my kids to death, but sometimes I feel like I can't take another second around them. Me and my husband are always fighting or just ignoring each other. Last night, I just sat in the floor and cried. I couldn't help but think that my life is ruined... I never expected to be 23 in an unhappy marriage with 2 kids. I don't know if some of these things are normal when you have two babies and a husband that frustrates the sh*t out of you, or if maybe it's just me. Maybe there is something wrong in my brain. I'm moody as hell all the time... any suggestions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:48 PM on Jul. 19, 2010 in General Parenting

• you are normal or we are both crazy! Sometimes life take a big ole bite out of our ass to make us wake up and smell the roses. I was fading into the wallpaper awhile back and told my husband that if he didn't change something I was leaving him. I love my daughter but she was driving me crazy. It was always either Her or my husband to the point that when I walked by a mirror I would scare myself...who is that person, oh yeah its me. I took a second look at my life and told my husband I am doing more for ME and I did. Tiny stuff like painting your nails without having a tiny hand come and say "DO MINE." Or sitting on the couch watching TV to only get the remote stolen and your movie you were right in the middle of is now the UFC fight. I said I had enough and though now I don't do that much different I always remember to take a moment out for myself, for a bath and book or just silence. If momma isn't happy nobody is happy! : D
    Savymom25

Answer by Savymom25 at 4:23 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• actually im 23, engaged with 1 baby and i feel the same way quite often. i love my son so much, but sometimes i just get so fckn sick of his crying, biting me, messing up everything, following me around, screaming & trying to get away from me when i change his diaper, etc. all that shit. it really gets to me sometimes. and yeah me & my SO fight alot too.
    for me personally, i feel like i need a job. i do NOT like being a stay at home mom. i cant stand sitting in this apartment all day, and im sorry to say it but i need a break from my son sometimes. i need a break from my SO. i need a paycheck with my name on it & i need an identity besides just mother & fiance. im hopeing that will make me feel better if i can ever find a job.
    GL
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 3:54 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• OMG PURPLbutterfly. I <3 you. lol. My dh doesn't understand me when I say that! He's like "I'd love to sit here all day." Then I like to add in "For three years straight with BOTH the kids? Its not just about sitting around watching tv you know. Theres a lot of shit to be done." haha
    LucasMama08

Answer by LucasMama08 at 3:58 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• hugs Sometimes I get this way also. I wish I could give some great advice but I bumped you.

itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 3:52 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I have been thinking about keeping a journal. It would help get your frustrations out. Maybe take some time to yourself every night and just let it all out. Good luck, I've been there, and sometimes am still there. Have you tried talking to him? Or maybe letting the kids go to grandmas for a few days while you just enjoy you time? I haven't done that yet.. But lately I'm considering it lol. Anyways, if you need an internet shoulder you can message me.
    LucasMama08

Answer by LucasMama08 at 3:55 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I would talk to your doctor about it. Maybe try marriage counseling as well. Good Luck!
    NAT24ROXY24

Answer by NAT24ROXY24 at 3:55 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I have those days, too. It's normal to have those days every now and then, but if you feel this way often, you may have some kind of hormonal imbalance. Maybe you could try some Sam-E's? you can get them from Wal-Mart and they help me. :-)
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 3:57 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• Maybe you should bring up that your extremely moody to your doctor and see what your options are. You may be going through some type of depression that counseling or meds may be able to help. I have felt that way you have at times in my past,but I honestly...pulled my self out of that rut I was in...maybe it's time for a change. You and the kids deserve to be happy and if your in an unhappy marriage that could have everything to do with why you are so angry and depressed. I was the only one who could get me out of my situation and your the only one who could get you out of yours...so keep your head up and focus on what you need to do to make things better for you and your children.
    geminisummerz

Answer by geminisummerz at 3:59 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I've also felt this, and still do sometimes - I'm 36. Married at 24 and had two kids when I got married. It is hard and can be really stressful at times, especially when day in and day out are the same schedule, the same routine and you feel like you are caring for everyone else and no one is caring for you in return. A lot of times when we have children young - we loose the ability to find ourselves (that's what you do in your 20's figure out who you are and what you want). My suggestions would be to find some time for yourself, find things that you enjoy. Even if you can only get 15 minutes a day to yourself, read, walk, take a bath...whatever to take some time. If you can get away with some friends even for an hour, dinner, or a movie or just a walk. As far as the man, you can't change him but ask for more help around the house, watching the kids so you can have some free time in the evenings or once a week. GL
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 4:00 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• Taking care of two children,a home, and all that goes with the territory can be very overwhelming sometimes. Everybody has bad days and this is pretty normal. There is a great deal of work involved and keeping up with it all requires a whole lot of stamina. When you are feeling overwhelmed listen to music, and try to unwind so you can take on with the challenges faced with being a "Mom". We know it's not an easy task and almost requires you to be an "on-call"twenty-four hours a day person.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 4:03 PM on Jul. 19, 2010