Does your husband know how to do the dishes?

Mine does but sometimes I wonder. He tells me he is going to do them, then sometimes when I wake up these dirty dishes are still there. I sometimes get so aggravated with him about it. After all these years I should now better and just do them myself, but sometimes I need a break from doing it.

Asked by itsallabtthem84 at 3:50 PM on Jul. 19, 2010 in Home & Garden

• LOL. Poor thing. Tell him if he says he's gonna do somethign , to at least follow through and do it..not to get your hopes all up.
    Yeah, mine knows how to do the dishes...but him actively participating in that is becoming more and more rare these days. the succa! lol

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 3:53 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• Yes, thats my husbands job. I take care of all the other housework, and he does the dishes and the yard. But sometimes he says he will do them, and they are still there as well.

Answer by NAT24ROXY24 at 3:53 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• lol when my DF says hes going to do them, I say thats nice...thanks...then I go do them, bc he wont do it...he hasnt done the dishes in MONTHS.....I think he forgot how!!!

Answer by oregonduck at 3:54 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• Yea, my DH is great about things like that. I got REALLY lucky! He also cooks almost every night. I would go crazy if he didn't help me at all.

Answer by renea20 at 3:54 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• yeah, he knows how to do them. he does them all the time. now, putting a dish in the sink or dishwasher when he's done with them, or picking it up from the table, that must be the hardest task in the world.

Answer by armywife43 at 3:55 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• It's not a question of whether they know how to do them but maybe you probably do a better job.

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 3:55 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• My husband knows HOW to do dishes... He just chooses NOT to do dishes! LOL

Answer by anabele at 3:55 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• ha....ha,....ha......... do the dishes... LOL! Okay really I'm sure he knows how but just pretends not to just so he does not have to. BUt to be fair.... I'm really picky about how the dishwasher is loaded and how my dishes are put away

Answer by batjmom at 3:56 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• He helps clear the table. Will do dishes if I ask. Does them if I am not here for some reason. Now, this all took years of training!!! :)

Answer by elizabr at 3:57 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• my husband? i have no clue. he never has, we've been married 3 years now, and if i was gone a week, i would find a sink load of he says it isn't his job and/or he was in a hurry, every time! he's a spoiled brat, his mom spoiled him n handed him

Answer by fefe87 at 3:57 PM on Jul. 19, 2010