Marshmallow Fondant and modling chocolate...Home made

ever done it? the reviews are all good and the recipe seems easy enough. Ever done it? For what and how easy was it for you?

But_Mommie

Asked by But_Mommie at 3:52 PM on Jul. 19, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Marshmallow fondant is very easy to make and use. You have to be sure to use the exact measurements, and to NOT add too much powdered sugar. The modeling chocolate is pretty easy to use also. Both taste good and I've found them fun to work with. If you've never tried either one, I'd really recommend a trial run and practice on a small scale before making the Red the fire engine cake.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 4:57 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I've made marshmallow fondant before....we wanted to eat it and not put it on the cake..LoL.... it was soooo yummy!

I made it so i could roll it out and then put it on the cake, and I've also made it so it was runny enough to dip cupcakes in...it was delic! =)

I've never made modeling chocolate before... although it does sound like fun..and yummy. =)
    EveMomToThree

Answer by EveMomToThree at 4:02 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• Mashmellow fondant taste wayyyy better than the regular form, homemade or store bought. It does tend to be more stretchy so you have to use more care when covering a large cake or making shapes. Doesnt hold up in hot weather well (here in Texas anywho). I would recommend trying it at least once. Also it seems a lot easier to kneed together and work in color. Never worked with the molding chocolate..... hope this helps
    mamaof2becka

Answer by mamaof2becka at 4:02 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I guess I should say I am wanting to make a Pixar 'Red' the fire engine cake for my sons Birthday. Made R2D2's head last year and had fun so I wanted to up the ante this year.
    But_Mommie

Comment by But_Mommie (original poster) at 4:09 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I have never made it but sounds hard lol.
    cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 4:10 PM on Jul. 19, 2010