Question for divorced moms.

How long after your divorce did you wait before you started dating again?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:01 PM on Jul. 19, 2010 in Relationships

• When I was divorced the first time I waited about 2 months. I know not long but it was just on the weekends and I would just go on a date now and again.

Now when I found someone that I was interested they didn't meet my kids till after the 5 date. I felt that I really needed to know this person and that it had a good chance. That way the kids weren't confused. I only dated 2 men before I met my husband.

Good luck to you. It's not easy the dating... be careful :)
    Dannille33

Answer by Dannille33 at 4:07 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I think it was about 2 years. I had a ltr, and it ended very badly, then that took me another solid 2 yrs to get over. So then I dated casually, for dinner and good conversation only for quite some time. I finally commited to the man I am with after I had been divorced about 4 yrs.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 4:08 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• It was about six years for me. I wasn't ready to date when I divorced my first husband. The last thing on my mind was having to deal with another idiot like my ex...After going back to school and working on myself, I began to date.
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 4:41 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I was separated for a year, still going through the divorce when I started dating again. It's whenever you are comfortable doing so. Just remember to give yourself time to grieve the loss of your marriage.
    MeandMyBabes

Answer by MeandMyBabes at 4:53 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• My attorney told me I could start dating the day I FILED for divorce so that's what I did.

Answer by admckenzie at 5:02 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I started dating pretty much right away. In my mind, the marriage (I've been divorced 3 times) was pretty much over long before we ever separated or filed for divorce. So by the time the divorce was final, I was more than ready to start dating again. However, I did not introduce anyone to my kids right away, and when I finally did it was because I was serious about the guy. You will pretty much know when you are ready, just don't hop right into another serious relationship right away. Give yourself time to know yourself again and have fun with yourself. I know this from experience.
    TarLion

Answer by TarLion at 5:36 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I started dating while we were separated. He stepped out before we split up. No reason why I can't date now that we are legally separated. My life does not revolve around that douchebag anymore. I can do whatever I want.
    stressedmomma13

Answer by stressedmomma13 at 6:43 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• Two years after we separated, my divorce isn't final yet... But my attorney said I couldn't date until it was... Eeeks, I'm bad obviously.
    Tes...Jacksmami

Answer by Tes...Jacksmami at 9:09 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• a week and a half after I left my ex! I didnt mean to but we fell in love the night we met.......and 3 years later we are engaged to be married!
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 9:14 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I started dating a couple of months after my ex and I separated, but the marriage had been over for a long, long time before I actually left the house. My kids didn't meet anyone I dated except for my husband - we waited until we knew it was going to be a very serious, long term thing before he was introduced to them.

Answer by missanc at 9:18 PM on Jul. 19, 2010