There was a post about this in one of my groups that got deleted, but......

I wanted to get your opinions as well! Another mom copied and pasted some article about why Obama is supposedly the anti-Christ, and gave about 15 other non religious related reasons why not to vote for him, but focusing on the similarities he may have to what the bible tells us of the anti-Christ, what good will not voting for him do? Isn't the rise of the anti-Christ inevitable? Or does the bible say otherwise (I'll admit I haven't read it all)?

xrussianbabe02

Asked by xrussianbabe02 at 6:45 PM on Oct. 1, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• I'm not an Obama fan or supporter, but I can answer this one.... No he is not the anti-christ. If you want later i can post biblical support but the anti-christ will not be coming from America. I'm sure there are some things that make it seem he could be but based upon end-time studies.... he's not.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 6:51 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• I'm not saying he is or isn't. Just asking if the rise of the ant-Christ is inevitable? I always was lead to believe it was.
    xrussianbabe02

Answer by xrussianbabe02 at 7:01 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• sorry, only answered the part of the question. Yes the rise of the anti-christ is inevitable according to biblical prophecy. The end time events and prophecies about the end times can be seen happening right now.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 7:11 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• It's ok. I know the events happening are getting closer and closer together chronologically speaking, than they were 100 years ago. Sort of frightening and exciting at the same time.
    xrussianbabe02

Answer by xrussianbabe02 at 7:19 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• No he's not. They thought Bush was the anti-christ too. I am not voting for him(Obama) for other reasons. Is his rise inevitable?? Well I suppose if believe that way then yes. Personally, if god exists then he should've permanently taken care of that a long long time ago. I think a change is coming that won't be good for mankind, but the end of the world?? No,not really. At the same time it doesn't matter to me either way. I'm ready to go when my number is called.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 7:28 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• NO, they thought Al Gore was the anti-christ, not Bush.
    Anonymous

• Some have also believed that Barney, Prince Charles, and someone else was the anti-christ.
    jltplk

Answer by jltplk at 5:57 PM on Oct. 3, 2008