Do you ever think about asking your dh to quit work and stay home with the kids and then you go to work instead?

I've thought about it. I love staying home with the kids. I was a working mom for FOREVER. He has given me the opportunity to do what I thought I always wanted to do..and that was be a stay at home mom (I actually work at home too..so I DO make my own money). But sometimes I feel bad and I want to give him a break from working so hard. Then on the other hand..I work hard too,lol. I don't know. Its just a thought I get once in awhile. DO you think that way too sometimes?

kimberlyinberea

Asked by kimberlyinberea at 4:12 PM on Jul. 19, 2010 in Just for Fun

• we decided we couldnt afford daycare so my husband quit his morning job so he can watch our DD in the morning so i can work until noon then he goes to work in real estate. it works for us. its great knowing that we are watching our daughter and not some stranger! once we get our real estate company going i will be able to quit my job! only another year or so i cant wait!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 4:43 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• Yes I do. I have told him once I finish my degree and get going good with a job then he should stay home and I will take care of everything. He loves the idea as long as I can make more then what he currently is making.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 4:14 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• no. I know my DH couldn't handle a 2 year old and a newborn.
    Mrs.Loeffel

Answer by Mrs.Loeffel at 4:14 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I guess I would have to say "yes".

My husband was a SAHD for my son's first 4-5 years. I was the employeed one of the family. I had a career that I just didn't want to give up yet. I had years invested in it, and working those last few years gave me the ability to have my own retirement accounts and my on (though small) investments as well. I felt those things were very important for my own personal well being, and safety net. One never knows what tomorrow may bring. I also wanted to give my husband that opportunity to be home with our son, for him to be able to actually enjoy his time of being a "dad"..KWIM....
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 4:15 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I am confident my husband would do great. he would have the house very clean! But I have no interest. For one he has a degree and so he can earn more than me and more importantly I HATED working when i did it. I hate offices, the business world, etc.
    SoniaL

Answer by SoniaL at 4:17 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• Only if I had been able to match or beat HIS salary...which I couldn't do. He was an AIr Force officer ,then when he retired, my kids were in high school. THEN .he was a CPA.
    He could have done a good job being a stay at home Dad but it wouldn't have made sense,.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 4:18 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• Yep! The only problem is that our first was a surprise, so I had to quit college to raise him. My income would not be as much as my hubby's income. He would love it and do a great job, though. I'd love it, too, but I think I would eventually miss the kids way too much. We've talked about starting some business of our own so that we could rotate working and staying home every other week. That would just rock! Too bad I have no clue what that would be... lol
    hrhchels

Answer by hrhchels at 4:19 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• My husband and I have talked about it quite a bit actually. He would love to stay home and I would love to go back to work. He really needs to reconnect with his kids, because he's a gamer as well as having a full time job. I think him being a stay at home dad would really give him that chance. He has also been working since he was a teen, so it would be nice to give him that break. There are two issues that prevent this .. 1. He doesn't realize what goes into being a stay at home parent. He thinks it's a lot easier then what it can be. I think he imagines him gaming all day while the kids play, but that wouldn't be possible. 2. He makes good money, because he's been working at the same place for 6 years and his boss' love him. I have a poor work history and haven't worked in three years, so I wouldn't be able to find a job that pays nearly as much. I'd have to get two jobs and that might barely cut it. So there ya go.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 4:44 PM on Jul. 19, 2010