For Anyone Who Has Ever Sued A Collection Agency Due To False Information On Their Credit Report

Long story short I was sued for nearly $2000 for medical debt incurred and I won in court. The judge told them they had 45 days to permanently remove the negative info from my report. They have not done that. (This was February 9th this year. I just pulled my report again last Friday and it is still there and to make it WORSE they are still reporting on it every month) I started the lawsuite in May against them for not removing the information. I do not get too many updates from the lawyers office so I was wondering how long it took you to get your $$ after suing? Does the process typically take this long?

ABusyBee

Asked by ABusyBee at 4:16 PM on Jul. 19, 2010 in Relationships

• Is the credit company Equifax? They took FORVEER to clear up a mishap on DH's report too. They basically had HIS SOCIAL HIS ADDRESS, ETC. It was under the WRONG name though. They merged files together. IDIOTS. Transunion and Experion were just fine when pulling DHs report.
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 4:21 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• No its on all 3...
    ABusyBee

Comment by ABusyBee (original poster) at 4:24 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• You have to win the case first before you can get any money. That could take years. I would have just sent all three a copy of the judgment. They have to include it on the report they send out to everyone so even if they don't remove the original line showing the debt, they also include the judgment so whoever you are trying to borrow from would see that's not a debt you are responsible for.

Answer by admckenzie at 5:01 PM on Jul. 19, 2010