What size is officially "fat?"

like, what size jeans?

Ilovepie77

Asked by Ilovepie77 at 6:48 PM on Oct. 1, 2008 in Diet & Fitness

• when two people can fit into your pants, then you are considered fat.
    Anonymous

• Depends on your particular body type. Are you tall?? Muscular?? Overweight?? Underweight?? Short?? Average?? This is such a loaded question I don't know if I want to answer. LOL
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 6:57 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• I wear an 18 (biggest I have ever been) and I officially think I am fat! I am trying to change that though. DH got me a gym membership AND watches the baby one hour each night so I can use it. Here's hoping that I can make a serious change for me, my family and my health! I am already down 3 lbs!
    KayleesMom0424

Answer by KayleesMom0424 at 7:19 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• THIN CAN BE FAT. THERE ARE TRIGLYCERIDES IN YOUR BLOOD THAT ARE FAT. THIN PEOPLE HAVE HEART ATTACKS BECAUSE THEY HAVE HIGH CHOLESTEROL. SEE YOUR DOCTOR IF POSSIBLE. I FOUND A VITAMIN THAT LOWERED MY TRIGLYCERIDES 600 PTS AND KEEPS MY BLOOD FROM FORMING CLOTS THAT CAN CAUSE ALSHEIMERS, HEART ATTACK OR STROKE. I MAY BE OVERWEIGHT AND I AM WORKING ON THAT THROUGH PROPER WEIGHT MANAGEMENT AND EXERCISE. BUT THE MOST IMPORTANT THING I CAN DO RIGHT KNOW IS KNOW MY CHOLESTEROL AND TRIGLYCERIDES ARE WITHIN SAFE RANGES AND KEEP THEM THERE AS I STRIVE TO GET TO MY WEIGHT LOSS GOALS.
    nanaevelyn

Answer by nanaevelyn at 12:20 AM on Oct. 2, 2008

• i like the first answer. it's very true...have u been on any of those sites that have a BMI calculator? those take ur weight and height and give u an aproximate answer..usually pretty correct..i think. it made me open my eyes. although without going to a dr or someone that can actually see u and ur size and body and bone type...it's still not too accurate!
    about jean sizes.....???? i guess if u have to go to the bigger sizes section?! i've had to :( but i hate those stretchy jeans......they are always too loose n u have to have a belt. even if u have ur size or even smaller....it's hard to find good ol jeans anymore! all that's in the stores anymore is the stretchy stuff....some are more stretchy than others but they all are..even in the juniors dept.
    gracie23

Answer by gracie23 at 12:32 AM on Oct. 2, 2008

• I also like the first answer. But does your DH, BF, or SO think that your fat? But again like 2autisticsmom says it depends on your body type.I read that some guys like a girl with a little more there. Some guys are just like that. And they dont want you to change.
    sweetnsassy85

Answer by sweetnsassy85 at 3:41 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• I hate the word fat but I know its not healthy to be overweight. I really feel that what ever size you are you need to feel good about yourself.
    I am overweight but try to do things that make me happy, go for walks, spend time with friends.
    I am know expert I have struggled along time with weight.
    Ellen306

Answer by Ellen306 at 4:26 PM on Oct. 2, 2008