my husband and I hate Applebees. Are we truly alone in the world?

hibbingmom

Asked by hibbingmom at 4:38 PM on Jul. 19, 2010 in Food & Drink

• for sure not. I can't stand the service, bad food or prices of the bad food they serve. I would much rather go to red robin and get a cheese burger anyway
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 4:45 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I am so so. Sometimes yes and other times I say I am never going back.
    Savymom25

Answer by Savymom25 at 4:40 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• They have a limited menu for my liking. I will go but I have a hard time finding something I like to eat.
    Lifes-A-Dance

Answer by Lifes-A-Dance at 4:39 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I used to love it...now i hate it. the menu has gone downhill while the prices have gone up
    MamaSpurg

Answer by MamaSpurg at 4:39 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I still love it lol. Why do you hate it?
    ABusyBee

Answer by ABusyBee at 4:40 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• yes, you two are truly alone-lol

i do not have opinion, just a smart a$$ed answer
    do not remember last time i went out for dinner at applebees
    sounded pretty good but after reading the other womens comments, i think next year, if i am released for good behavoir and get to go outside the house for dinner, i will avoid this place
    husband does not like it, maybe he knows same as other ladies (haha i said other ladies when referring to him) (it fits)
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 4:43 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I love Applebees
    Cochise

Answer by Cochise at 4:43 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• We keep hearing how great it is and periodically we give it a try. We always end up having to wait forever, our waiter then forgets to wait on us, or we get the wrong order. It's the only restaurant we've had to leave before eating. Granted we left because our child was hungry and cranky, but who wouldn't be after an hour and a half?
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 4:43 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• In general, I am not a fan of any chain restaurants. If DH and I actually get to go out and eat, the last place you'll find us is at an Applebees, Fridays, Outback, Olive Garden, etc...
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 4:43 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• No. I am not a fan. Nor am I fan of Chillis. (though they do have a tequila lime chicken thing that is palatable)

Maybe it's because of the grease? The lack of freshness? The "I could do SO much better than this at home at half the price"?

Generally speaking, if I go out to dinner, I want something available to me that I can't do at home better or would take me too long. Example: Lobster bisque. Love me a good lobster bisque. Hate making it. So any place that has a good bisque is high on my list! Also, crab legs. Hate steaming them at home and no one but me like them.
    BuddyRoo

Answer by BuddyRoo at 4:44 PM on Jul. 19, 2010