My son just turned 14 months. He only has 4 teeth... on top of that, his two top teeth are the outside pair of the front 4... should I be concerned?

NewMom0513

Asked by NewMom0513 at 4:39 PM on Jul. 19, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• NO, kids grow at different rates. One of my twins had alot more teeth than the other at one point.

But you should take the baby to the dentist when he turns one year old.
    AdrianaS

Answer by AdrianaS at 4:44 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• What has the dentist said about his teeth? The dentist would be the best person to talk to because they should know what the normal variations are when it comes to kids getting their teeth.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 4:46 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• All kids are different. At 22 months, my daughter only has 8 teeth and four of them are her first molars. She has her two front teeth and two bottom teeth. Now she just has to fill in the middle.
    lvpenguino

Answer by lvpenguino at 5:58 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• No, my daughter's teeth came in very late. The only bad thing is you have to wait longer to feed them certain things. He'll be fine!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 6:01 PM on Jul. 19, 2010