Can you help me figure this out?

We are looking to get a new vehicle in the next few months. I have a small compact car. It is okay for us, I am the main driver of it. DH hates how small it is and that no one can come with us if they want to. We have two children in carseats. We also have two other vehicles. A mustang and a S10. DH uses the S10 to drive to work. We may be trading the Mustang for a Dodge Durango. I don't like gas hogs though so I do not see myself driving it much if we do get it. I do want a different car. My dd has trouble buckling herself because of the seat belts are hard for her to reach. I always have to help her. DH brought up getting a van before seeing the Durango. I have gotten used to the idea. There are a couple I actually like. I am torn now between a van for the room or a Pontiac Vibe because I have loved them for awhile now and it gets better MPG.

Shaylyn318

Asked by Shaylyn318 at 4:54 PM on Jul. 19, 2010 in Shopping

• test drive them both, and be sure to bring the kids and car seats. Then you can see how everyone fits and if your dd can buckle, and how much room you have,
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 4:57 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I have a Dodge minivan which seats 7 people. Plenty of room,I love it!
    AdrianaS

Answer by AdrianaS at 4:56 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• We have a van and it's great. Awesome room for groceries, and the sliding door makes it easier for me to move around from front to back and to buckle my dd in.
    Good luck
    MayMommaToBe

Answer by MayMommaToBe at 4:57 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I have a Kia van. 3 kids. Lots of roon. I never thought I would be the "mini-van-mom" I tell you one thing as soon as they get out of the car seats....bye bye van. But right now...I love it.
    tink-01

Answer by tink-01 at 4:59 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• One thing I miss about having a mini-van is not having to worry about the kids opening the door up on somebody else's car.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 5:02 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I have a kia Sedona (mini van) We have three kids. One in a booster and the other in a convertible. Our oldest doens't need anything. We have penty of room for hte 5 of us plus some. When we go on long trips (where we take luggage etc) we just take out the extra back seat (next to oldest child) and put stuff there and behind his seat. When we are ready to get rid of this one I'm goign to get another Kia Sedona. The only thing I'll change is I'll make sure the next one has teh roof luggage rack LOL
    LorisChar

Answer by LorisChar at 5:11 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• rkoloms

Answer by rkoloms at 7:00 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• Personally I would go with one that gets better MPG. Frankly, I could care less about people going with us in the car. I'm not buying a car for someone else to ride around in. I'm buying it for the needs of our family.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 9:48 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• Test drive, test drive, test drive. I would never drive a minivan but that is just me you should go and drive a few and feel what is right for you and your family. Put the kids car seats in feel if everything feels right. Let the kids try to do their own. Put in strollers if you regularly use those and judge how much extra room that you have. So go out and narrow it down to what ind of vehicle you are looking for and then search for the right one.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 3:42 PM on Jul. 20, 2010