How to make it a reality?

I've been with the same guy now for 2yrs. He & I were married before and our spouses cheated on both of us during our marriages to them. Mine cheated the entire marriage but his only happened on their 12th anniversary. We never talk of marriage but it is always in the back of my mind. This is something that I want someday,but not sure if he feels the same way that I do.How can I find out just how he does feel about this subject??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:58 PM on Oct. 1, 2008 in Relationships

• Talk about marriage first, without bringing up the two of you getting married. If he gets all flustered, maybe give it a while before bringing it up again.
    Anonymous

• your going to just have to ask him i mena really thats the only way to find out if he is up for it again
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 7:03 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• Ask. If you don't have a close enough relationship to talk about this you really should realize it isn't what it should be to even want to get married.
    Anonymous

• You sound like me (together 19 months) - I posted the question on how long to wait til bringing up marriage. I am actually going to try and make a bold move tonight and tell my bf how I feel about marriage in general. He needs to know that I would like to be married one day. I've never told him that. But he told me about a month ago that until he can think of marriage in a spiritual way, it only seems like a cold, financial transaction the way his marriage ended.

Maybe if you tell your SO that you see yourself married some day, he can give you some idea of his desire for marriage. Is he still feeling burned from his ex?
    Anonymous