how do you grocery shop with two kids. i have a 2 month old and a 2 year old. where will i put all the groceries?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:02 PM on Jul. 19, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Some stores have carriages that can seat two. You could put the baby in a baby bjorn or sling while you shop. If the two year old is a good walker then put a harness on and have them walk along side the carriage. Put them in a stroller and shop in to the basket of the stroller. Leave them at home and shop when your hubby is home and the kids are asleep.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 5:04 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• my SIL has a 4 year old and a 8 month old.. and she either does it with her DH (the whole family goes together hence its easier to manage the kids) or her DH goes usually taking the older one with him. if ure DH is busy or something or doesnt like grocery shopping then wait for the weekend. leave atleast one child with ure DH, ure mom, friend, relative etc and take one with u. shopping with 2 kids especially this young is hard !! good luck :)
    cookie269

Answer by cookie269 at 5:04 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I have a 3 year old & a 3 month old. My 3 month old is in her seat up top & 3 year old walks or sits in the cart while the groceries pile up around her
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 5:05 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• i have a 2 and 3yr old. when dd was born, ds started walking instead of sitting in the buggy. so he walks and holds the buggy, while dd sits in the seat. really not that hard, he's been doing it since he was 16 months old.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 5:07 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• Whenever possible I leave at least one child home with my husband while I go to the store, but there were plenty of times I ended up at the store with two babies and now two toddlers. If you are forced to shop with both kids on your own you can put your infant in a snugglie type carrier and put the older one in the seat of the shopping cart. You can also put the kids in a stroller and push it while pulling the shopping cart behind you. Another option is to put the infant in a carseat in the shopping cart and use a harness for the older child.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 5:17 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• My kids are 10 MONTHS apart and when they were that little both under 2 I went to the store on weekends. I either went with my husband and all 4 of us went, or I went to the store by myself and left them home with daddy. Of course there was some times that I had no choice but to be by myself. I put my daughter in the cart and had my son walk with me or hold on to the cart. Sometimes I would let him ride (stand in front of the cart). When my DD got bigger she started to walk too, or they both would ride the cart standing on its side. Even to this day at the age of of 9 and 8 they will sometimes ride the cart by standing on it's side (if they are riding together) or one will stand on the end and the other will walk.
    SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 5:21 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• The only safe place for a child to be in the cart is sitting in the seat. Riding on the edge of the carriage is horribly dangerous. I used to work at a grocery store and I've seen so many kids injured because they're using carts incorrectly. One time a big boy tipped a carriage forward and his baby sister was in the seat. The cart tipped right down, he jumped back, and his sister smacked her head off the floor and got her little leg squashed by the carriage. Thankfully it was empty or it would have emptied on top of her and she was young enough that a can to the head could have seriously injured or killed her. Another time a kid was riding on the side and the cart tipped, she got crushed between the edge of the cart and the edge of the freezer cabinet. We had to call an ambulance for her. A lot of moms don't realize how incredibly dangerous it is to let your kids ride like that.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 5:32 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• My first 2 are 17 mos apart. When I shopped with them I wore the baby in a sling and put the toddler in the seat in the cart.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 6:49 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I put my 3mo. old in a sling and my 2yr old in the seat in the basket, we have to stand outside for a few minutes while he throws a fit most days but this way both kids are contained and I can get in and out and be done.
    GigantaursMommy

Answer by GigantaursMommy at 8:53 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I don't ever grocery shop with two kids to be perfectly honest. I go on Friday night when DH gets home. I will run small errands at the store with both kids. DS goes in the cart basket with his carrier, and my DD walks.

KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 10:42 PM on Jul. 19, 2010