Do you kids love books?

Check out www.shenalittlebear.com for some great kids books that they will want to read over and over again while learning about wolves, elks, deer, and other animals of the forest.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:02 PM on Jul. 19, 2010 in Just for Fun

• yes they do. we order about $100-$150 worth every year from the book clubs at school. the plus side on that is the classrooms get x amount of free books for x amount of dollars spent. we have 4 large book shelves full of childrens books, i intend to keep them long after they out grow them so the grandkids can use them also if and when i have some lol
    im big on learning and anything educational so when my kids went/go through the curious stages on for example a specific animal or what ever id buy books on that subject so they can learn more
    gothmama91

Answer by gothmama91 at 6:36 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• yes, actually a couple ladies i know just wrote and published a kids book, called The Elephant's New Friend. it's really cute, she let me read it before i decided to buy it. (some books my kids just aren't into, so i like to check them out first b4 i decide to buy)
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 5:05 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• Yes. He has his own book shelf full of books he is trying to read. We are teaching right now to read.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 5:09 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I know what you mean armywife43, some of the children's books just are not very interesting for the kids. I have also noticed that some of the books don't meet the approval for children to read as well. Some weird stuff out there.
    shenalittlebear

Answer by shenalittlebear at 5:20 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• To Mom2Just1:

I love it. Today with all the electronics, kids have lost an interest in books. So thumbs up!
    shenalittlebear

Answer by shenalittlebear at 5:22 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I cannot keep my older kids in books - they read soooo much. They are 10 &12 and their reading abilities are way higher than their grade levels. DD (10) read the Lord of the Rings series last summer. DS read The DaVinci Code a few weeks ago and just devoured it. It was wonderful to see.

Their little brother is learning to read and to follow in their foot steps. I am currently reading the 1st Harry Potter book to him.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 5:45 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• My DD LOVES to read with me & I am teaching her to read now. She can recognize small words now, such as cat, dog, go, the, it, my, etc.
    stressedmomma13

Answer by stressedmomma13 at 6:09 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• My dd is 19 and we used to go the library and read for a couple of hours on a Saturday. I miss reading to her as a child.
    Esmrlda

Answer by Esmrlda at 7:10 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• Thanks to all the answers
    shenalittlebear

Answer by shenalittlebear at 4:28 PM on Jul. 23, 2010