Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

What is the oddest or most disgusting non-food item your child has ever eaten or swallowed?

When my oldest son was about a year old he grabbed a spider off of our living room floor and ate it. And it wasn't small... it was a pretty good sized spider. I freaked out and reached in his mouth to get it but it was too late. All that was left was a leg stuck to his chin. lmao.

Then, the other day, my middle child (who is 2 yrs old) broke the head off of a spider man figure and put it in his mouth. His dad went after him to get it out and he took off running, slammed belly-first into a chair and swallowed it. It was about the size of a cherry tomato. I don't know how he got it down. But the doc said it will pass on it's own. LoL.

Answer Question
 
JenMarie2007

Asked by JenMarie2007 at 5:08 PM on Jul. 19, 2010 in Just for Fun

Level 13 (1,208 Credits)
Answers (7)
  • My then 15mo old son poo-ed while he was in the bath. While I scrambled to clean up he managed to grab some and stuff in his mouth. SO nasty. I should've taken a picture then used it against him when he's a teenager lol! But yeah, that was so nasty. And it really didn't seem to phase him either! LOL!
    ellagrace

    Answer by ellagrace at 5:11 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

  • A plug in refill cartridge. She chewed on it and I freaked ... I called poison control and they said she would be ok.. but that was only the start ... lol

    She knew how to unlock the logs on the cupboards at an early age.
    Dannille33

    Answer by Dannille33 at 5:11 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

  • My middle son loved dog food. He would grab some kibble, put it in the dogs water dish to soften it and then eat it. He'd come toddling into the room smiling with dog food on his teeth, so gross. We couldn't keep him away from it.
    canadianmom1974

    Answer by canadianmom1974 at 5:13 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

  • ants when she was 9 months she would see one crawling play with it then when we turn our head she would pop it in her mouth lol what a baby
    Zandrialeann

    Answer by Zandrialeann at 5:23 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

  • thankfully the grossest thing my 3 year old has eaten is a booger!
    Ashlynnsmommy07

    Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 5:52 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

  • my 5yr old accidentally swallowed his baby tooth when he was tryin to get it out, i freaked out and called my MIL and she said its ok calm down it wont hurt him
    gothmama91

    Answer by gothmama91 at 6:26 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

  • DD used to like Cheez its with honey.
    Esmrlda

    Answer by Esmrlda at 7:24 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN