She ate her own poop?? adult content

As my daughter sometimes does, took her diaper off today, and there was a pile of her poop in the crib. I cleaned her up, and cleaned up what I immediately saw as the majority of poop since it was one big clump. I went to cook, to come back to her face and hands covered in magical poop! I couldn't believe that I somehow missed some. Should I be worried?? I couldn't find any pieces, so I'm left to assume she ate whatever she had found. This is the first time this has happened, any advice is much appreciated!

lynmarie813

Asked by lynmarie813 at 5:14 PM on Jul. 19, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• id call her dr. shell probably be okay though.

MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 5:16 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• my son did the same thing. he was fine. he was 20 mo. if your still worried i agree w MomNbabyGirl1009, take her to the Dr.
    tink-01

Answer by tink-01 at 5:19 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• ew..oh lordy lordy have mercy...ew ew ew..I dont do too well with this kind of stuff,lol.
    EVEN though I've worked in nursing homes and hospitals and daycares and preschools...
    the poop eating is one thing that turns my stomach.
    Okay..I'm okay now,lol.
    I'm sure she will be fine. Strip her entire bed, wash everything, lift the mattress, make sure theres none hiding.
    Then, I would just watch her for any reactions..fever being the only one that I can think of off hand. If it were to give her any kind of infection she would most likely come down with a fever from it.
    Give doc a call to see if there is anythign else you should look for.

I'm sure she'll be fine...I've seen and heard of lots worse. Its just a gross thought,lol.
    Good Luck!! :0)
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 5:19 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• This happened to me lol! I called the pediatrician and she said he'd be okay...he didn't ingest that much. She said just to watch him in case he vomits or runs a fever. But he was fine lol, just rinsed his mouth out as best as I could!
    ellagrace

Answer by ellagrace at 5:19 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• eww! I agree with everyone else - watch her & call Dr. Then maybe try duct taping her diaper!
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 5:22 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• Thanks everyone!!! I have been/will continue keeping an eye on her, and call her Dr tomorrow just to be on the safe side. So far she seems fine thankfully. It's just so weird that she would have eaten it, yuck, lol.
    lynmarie813

Comment by lynmarie813 (original poster) at 5:42 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• lol ,,, my daughter almost did the same thing ,, but i caught her
    delialayla

Answer by delialayla at 11:17 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• My son did it before. EWE! But he was fine... in fact, now we laugh about it. Crazy kids!
    cthrush82

Answer by cthrush82 at 1:45 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• You can eat your own poop and not get sick but don't eat someone elses as it will make you super sick. (*shakes head* - I can't believe I know this sh$t....)
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 2:36 PM on Jul. 20, 2010