1500 dollar race bike?

I am about to do Iron man in 2011 It is a triathalon and I will be using this bike to train and do several other triathalons with it this month I will start to ride about a hundred miles a week so crazy or not?

pinkdragon36

Asked by pinkdragon36 at 5:19 PM on Jul. 19, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Nah, think of it as a health investment. Mine cost $650 about 11yrs ago...with regular maintenance and adjustments, its made the expense well worth it.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 5:23 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• crazy but worth it, you'll be in great shape by time its over
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 5:22 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• My hubby bought an $800 bike, and he loves it! (Ya know, now that I say that, I think he got it on sale cheaper than that because it was the last year's model or something!) He rides on it ALL THE TIME! It's a TREK, it's lasted 3 years now, and it holds up well with regular maintenance and such. I think it's incredibly worth it. I'd love to have one, but I think his attitude about me "riding off' for an hour and a half would be a whole lot different than him just riding off and leaving the kids with me....why is that????
    TimandMely4ever

Answer by TimandMely4ever at 5:37 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• if its built for long use and is comfortable then its a good investment, as long as it doesnt get tossed to the back of the garage after your triathlon.
    gothmama91

Answer by gothmama91 at 6:30 PM on Jul. 19, 2010