sugar plezzz help

ok im 32 weeks and i was wonderi how much sugar can i have cuz like i eat a cookie or drink a glass of juice or even drink a sip of a coke and get scared im drinkin to much sugar im even looking at everythin before i eat it to see how much sugar it has and i want to know wat yall think is to much sugar how how much you can have that wont harm the baby

senior_2OO8

Asked by senior_2OO8 at 5:38 PM on Jul. 19, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Well, an occasional treat is not a problem, but if you have it all the time of course it will be. Personally, if I was craving sweets, I tried to grab a piece of fruit, eat whole grains, or a baked potato instead. I found that after doing that for a while, sweets became too sweet and I was in the habit of eating healthier. :)
    squish

Answer by squish at 5:40 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I had gestational diabetes with 4 out of my 5 kids, but unless you have it (most dr offices screen earlier than 32 weeks) then there's not that much reason to worry. I wouldn't be eating spoonfuls of straight sugar, but a treat every now and then is nothing to worry about. Just make sure the majority of your diet is healthy!

Answer by missanc at 5:41 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• You should watch your sugar intake! Coke should be a no no, a sip okay bt be careful not to over indulge, you can get sugarfree cookies that are pretty good to satisfy you,, I know it is sosso soos harde!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 5:48 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I think the bigger question is do you have GD? If so you shouldn't really be eating any sugar. If not I really can't see why having a treat here and there would hurt at all. If in doubt at all though call up your OB :) Congrats
    asheli84

Answer by asheli84 at 5:48 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• If you dont have daibetes sugar will not harm the baby. Other than that there is no sugar limit. You obviously odnt want to live on sugar for the sake of yours and the babies weight, but the normal amount of sugar in a couple cookies and sodas will not hurt you or the baby. If you are worried you can always eat sugar free cookies and diet things...
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 6:11 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• im not gb so thats a plus
    senior_2OO8

Comment by senior_2OO8 (original poster) at 6:26 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• if you dont have the diabetes problem you shouldnt have a problem. i drank a pepsi slushie every day when i was pregnant...the big one :) LOL
    babymaddy

Answer by babymaddy at 6:54 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• lol
    senior_2OO8

Comment by senior_2OO8 (original poster) at 7:14 PM on Jul. 19, 2010