Baby spits out Zantac

My baby spits out Zantac. I have a hard time getting her to swallow it. I put it way back in her mouth, but it still comes spilling out. Any suggestions?

jet360

Asked by jet360 at 5:44 PM on Jul. 19, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• if you ff put it in her bottle, that is what we did
    oppsdiditagain

Answer by oppsdiditagain at 5:45 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• Put in applesauce
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 5:46 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• Have you tried it? It is pretty bad, unless you like peppermint vodka. We never had good results with the zantac. My oldest took it with another drug that was recalled shortly after he was weaned from his reflux drugs because there were no other alternatives. My 3rd did very will with prevacid solutabs. They taste sweet and dissolve on the tongue.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 5:48 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• The pharmacist said to give her on an empty stomach. At least one hour before or after a feed. So I assume I can give it to her mixed with anything. Also she is only 3 months old, so can't give her solids yet.
    jet360

Comment by jet360 (original poster) at 5:49 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• my pedi told me to mix it with her formula when my DD was on it
    oppsdiditagain

Answer by oppsdiditagain at 5:50 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• She spits it out because it's nasty. I had a horrible time getting it down my son, too. I ended up switching to Prevacid, which could be flavored with anything. He took that without any problem. Good luck!
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 5:52 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• how old? put it in the back and blow in her faces really fast.
    mommyajay

Answer by mommyajay at 5:53 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• Talk to your Pedi about switching. If you feel uncomfortable discussing this with your pedi, get a new one!
    JacyB

Answer by JacyB at 6:19 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• How long have you been giving it to her? It took close a month for my daughter to get used it and for it to start working, I was about to give up when I finally saw an improvement. She is now 10 months and takes it with no problem. If you keep having problems talk to your pediatrician there are other medicines to try.

lilysmom2607

Answer by lilysmom2607 at 6:47 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• My son was on zantac for a long time when he was a infant, i always put it in his bottle b/c he would spit it out!
    daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 8:39 PM on Jul. 19, 2010