I went to a counselor today.....

OK this guy looked like the new millenium benny hill with a happy go lucky personalitydressed like a cowboy. First of all I walked in and both him and the woman looked and did not respond after I said I was waiting for a certain counselor.
Then when the guy came he asked my daughter (12) a dumb joke about being on drugs. She replied, "What" with attitude; so he figured he could be rude back.
I guess the point is - he thinks because he works with people as a counselor he has the right to joke about all kinds of issues and the jokes he makes are kind of dark.
So I walked out and figured I could be doing worse than that. I hope I was correct in my dicision? What do you all think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:47 PM on Jul. 19, 2010 in Health

• A counselor has to "fit"... if it's not a good fit, try another.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 5:47 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• Hey, if it didn't feel right, it didn't feel right. Not all counselors are the perfect fit for everyone.
    Good luck finding someone that is right for you.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 5:54 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• keep looking. it takes a few trys sometimes, unfortunately.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:28 PM on Jul. 19, 2010