what would you do?

If your about to pull into a parking space and some woman has her infant in his car seat in the middle of the empty space? I could have just whipped in there and ran over her kid while she was digging thru her car!

zadesmom1998

Asked by zadesmom1998 at 5:59 PM on Jul. 19, 2010 in General Parenting

• I would have parked at the end of that spot .. I would have gotten out and said... Excuse me.. do you understand that this is a parking spot and not a place for you to put your child .. Do you realize that I or anyone could have ended up hitting your child and you might be with out her or him. I mean really???? Then would have said. Maybe think before you just set your child anywhere like in another empty space.. because you might not be so lucky a second time.

I know that some people don't think at the moment but your child should be the first thing that goes in your car ... Unless you are getting out of it and then the child should be last ... Babies and kids are precious. No one knows until they lose one... :(

Thanks to God and to you .. that you looked.!
    Dannille33

Answer by Dannille33 at 6:18 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• It may have not been smart for the infant and infant seat to be there, but it could have been a small child or toddler standing there. You should always look and be sure before just pulling in...... I've seen way to many people just whip around a parking lot or drive way to fast!
    SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 6:05 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• um honestly, i probably would of said something to her
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 6:06 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I would have told her to keep a better eye on her kid... At least it was me and not someone not paying attention.. I would tell her to count her blessings.
    mistym31

Answer by mistym31 at 6:10 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• probably say...I sure am glad I saw your child...did you know you left your child right here for someone to hit...I once got angry with someone in the parking lot...they got in, started the car, was on their cell phone and didn't even see me and my son standing right beside her car...her window was down and I started yelling at her...for she didn't look and could have hit us...thank God, I knew and looked....I mean think about it...IT'S HER KID...kids are tiny...a car isn't going to stop on a dime to keep from hitting them...I most definitely would have said something....
    Safirejewl

Answer by Safirejewl at 6:14 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I would have been terrified. Sometimes mothers tend to multitask and do things that look bad but didnt intentionally want to place thier child in harms way. I wou;d have been happy the child was ok but hope that this was a learning experience for the mother that she needs to be careful because the next time, someone could get hurt
    lawmom27

Answer by lawmom27 at 6:49 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I would straight up tell her how her kid almost died.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 8:00 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• Well said Dannille
    Safirejewl

Answer by Safirejewl at 10:22 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I do pay attention when in a parking lot. If I didn't I would have hit him.
    zadesmom1998

Comment by zadesmom1998 (original poster) at 10:31 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• Honestly, I would probably have backed up a lot and waited till she moved him, hopefully she would have gotten some sense. I guess I can see how that happened but she should have held him till putting him in or put him down and stood in front of him so to shield him...
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 1:07 AM on Jul. 20, 2010