What are the best infant walkers for carpet?

Our whole apartment is carpet, (except for the tiny kitchen) and I want to buy a mobile walker for my son.. what have you guys tried that have the best results on carpet??

heyamber

Asked by heyamber at 7:14 PM on Oct. 1, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I never used one on carpet, just tile.
    Have you considered an Exersaucer instead? It gives the same exercise for neck, stomach, and back muscles. Once he is pulling to stand, get a toddler wagon type toy.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 7:54 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• I have heard such bad things about the walkers. Kids get into things way too easy, and pull things on top of themselves. I have been warned to not get one due to these safety issues. I would check out the Exersaucers like Kaycee suggested. Good luck!
    jaysmommy007

Answer by jaysmommy007 at 9:26 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• Walkers suck on carpet! I just bought my son a walker thinking he would be ok on the carpet but he can't move it on the carpet. So he is stuck to the kitchen when he is in the walker(he is always supervised). You can always use a walker outside on pavement, that is what I do when I don't stick Nicholas in the kitchen. Walkers are dangerous around stairs and if a child is not supervised but it is no differant than an exersaucer IMO. Just make sure they don't spend more than 10-15min in an exersaucer or walker at a time and more than 30min in an exersaucer or walker a day. And make sure they are flat footed in both or they might learn to walk/stand on their tiptoes.
    babyboomboom

Answer by babyboomboom at 10:24 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• I am not a fan of the walkers (especially) ot the exersaucers. The walkers can promote an abnormal walking pattern if intoduced too soon or improperly. It can also lead to the baby placing too much stress/weight through the legs before they are ready which could lead to problems later on. If you are set on getting one, choose the saucer and limit the time in it. It is good for head/trunk control, but not so much on the legs.
    gwood

Answer by gwood at 10:41 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• none they are bad for the hips. companies are now trying to stop them from being made and sold everywhere.
    Anonymous

• Every expert you talk to will tell you that walkers are dangerous. They've made them safer than they used to be, but I am willing to bet that if you asked your doctor, he/she would tell you not to get one. They can affect your baby's development in a bad way, and the baby can get access to things that can hurt him/her. Canada has a law now that retailers cannot sell walkers because of the dangers.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:29 AM on Oct. 2, 2008

• Best? Baby's two feet. Walkers are not safe.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:56 AM on Oct. 2, 2008