why do people fake tan so much that they turn orange?

i think dark tanned skin is gross to begin with, if god wanted u to have dark skin he would of gave it to you. i see tanned skin as "diseased" skin considering that eventually they will get cancer and have nasty wrinkles and age spots, and look 30 yrs older than they actually are. the thing that gets me is those who tan so much they look orange or those who are so dark they look like apes. i get that beauty is in the eye beholder stuff, but really do some ppl look in the mirror and see how ridiculous they look?
my sis and law works at the max fitness competitions as a massage therapist and she posted pics of all those funny looking people, its disgusting and amusing at the same time

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:22 PM on Jul. 19, 2010 in Just for Fun

• The people that are Orange are getting the "spray" or self tanners done. You don't get orange from SUN bathing.

With that said, I don't get it either. Every one makes fun of me because I'm white (I "glow" when I go outside LOL). I don't have any desire to sit/lay in the sun to be/look "perfect". Now my hubby on the other hand loves to be in the sun and get tanned. I say, whatever floats your boat LOL.
    LorisChar

Answer by LorisChar at 6:46 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• Show us the pictures. LOL
    Honestbest

Answer by Honestbest at 6:25 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• Not sure, but this girl I used to work with looked like burnt leather, yuck!
    buzymamaof3

Answer by buzymamaof3 at 6:28 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I refer to my ex-SIL as the oompa loompa. Nobody should be orange, people under 5' should especially not be orange. What's sad is her (very embarrassed) teenage daughters even tell her not to and she ignores them.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 6:36 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• Wow to each his own I don't know about tanning I am already a brownie girl no tanning needed here.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 6:38 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• The question should be "Why do people FAKE TAN?"

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:40 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• Some people like looking orange and fake. My sister's work friend is orange and she boasts about it. She puts fake tan on every night so she can orange.
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 7:03 PM on Jul. 19, 2010