As a republican, time to tell the truth......

Bush started the bank bailout (TARP) honestly, lets discuss this..... do you have faith in either party right now?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:36 PM on Jul. 19, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• As a Dem...Time to tell the truth...The DEMS caused the housing crisis with the Ninja loans and forcing banks to make loans to people who could not pay them back!
    The crisis began in 2006--when the Republicans had a strangle hold on congress, had passed sweeping deregulation bills, and had created a structure that led to the housing crash. Check out this time line--lots of (R) had their sticky little fingers all over it--oh, and GHWB, started the bailout train with his help to the S&L crowd. Thanks Dad...
    I can tell you that I have much more faith in the Democratic party than the Republican party and absolutely none in the Libertarian/TeaParty/Independent parties. They are unfortunately, ineffectual in this specific circumstance.

http://www.majorityleader.gov/docUploads/SubprimeCrisis101508.pdf

This gives a good explanation.
    Youngwifey2

Answer by Youngwifey2 at 7:10 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• Actually no, the housing crisis started when Clinton was in office. Barney and Dodd ala mode.
    I had a great life during Bushes Presidency. Plenty of work & overtime.
    Until Obama came in promising taxes on everyone who provides jobs things were good. Then the employers started laying off and have not yet started hiring. They won't hire while Obama is in in office because of the tax uncertainty.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 7:24 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• Did he start it before or after Dems took over congress?

It started with Johnson, with the failed war on poverty.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 7:37 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• Hey maybe if we go back far enough we can blame it on Truman or the Roosevelts, either one. Or even better go back farther and blame the founding fathers. It is time to stop blaming the party in power and start making our elected officials responsible for the decisions they make that effect us. I am no Obama lover, but he got problems handed him from previous elected officials plus had the oil spill handed to him. Bush same thing problems handed to him plus 9-11, Katrina and Rita. The presidents should not get all the credit nor all the blame, the congress and senate deserve to share both, and as powerful as our president is; economy woes are global not just here in USA and no president is powerful enough to cause economy problems worldwide.
    higherboundmom

Answer by higherboundmom at 8:25 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I didnt care for either candidate to be honest! I like the Gov of New York to be honest. But i personally feel most who voted for Obama are regretting their decision! I cant wait til the next election to get him out of office! I just feel like America is going to hell in a hand basket fast! thats just my opinion! Bash me if you wish but im allowed to have my opinion!
    babymaddy

Answer by babymaddy at 6:39 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• As a Dem...Time to tell the truth...The DEMS caused the housing crisis with the Ninja loans and forcing banks to make loans to people who could not pay them back! I find that WAY more heinous then TARP :)

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 6:45 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I have more faith in Republicans than Democrats, but honestly...I think it's time for a 3rd party to be considered. I voted Libertarian.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 6:56 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• Your assumption that all conservatives adored Bush is very short sighted.

And illogical.

"I despise Mr. Obama" does not = I loved Bush.
    Why can't you people understand that?
    It's not either/or.
    Most Republicans know that Bush was far less than ideal, but we don't need liberals to explain it to us!
    Like we're slow or something.
    Imagine............ a lib explaining something to a conservative.

mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 9:37 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 6:49 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• Bush didn't "start" that. Pelosi said the Dems wouldn't pass the defense spending bill if he didn't pass that welfare bill.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 8:16 PM on Jul. 19, 2010