rash? is there a doctor in this house????

check out the 3 pics on my profile please...ok so i have no idea what this is on my son he is 19 months old. its on his abdomen, back , legs and arms...no new soaps used, no new foods, no extreme heat, nothing out of the ordinary...he has no other symptoms. what could this be? i gave him benadryl as per doctors orders but its not going away...thanks

mom_2_3crzyboys

Asked by mom_2_3crzyboys at 7:17 PM on Oct. 1, 2008 in General Parenting

• I looked at the photo's. I am not a DR, my youngest daughter has has sever rashes in the past. It in away looks like a bug bite. The one on his side. Is he itching or any thing? Did he go to the grocery store sit in a cart, go to a relatives house that may have used a product that he may not have been exposed to.
    My daughter had a rash that was small little raised bumps some where red blotches, It took over a month for the Dr's and a dermotologist and a trip to the er to figure out it was eczama. Try some aveno oatmill baths if he is itchy, and keep his hands clean if he is itching. My daughter I ended up putting mittens on her because she was so uncomfertable with the itching.
    Lindsey24

Answer by Lindsey24 at 7:32 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• no he hasnt been anywhere, not even outside in a week....hes not scratchin it, and its not bug bites, there is too many to be
    mom_2_3crzyboys

Answer by mom_2_3crzyboys at 7:36 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• From what I can see on my screen it looks like bug bites. If he hasn't been outside... Do you have any pets that could have gotten fleas from a neighbors animal? Once fleas get in your house they can be aggressive and they love to get my 21 month old. My daughter steps outside and the mosquitoes make her look like she has chicken pox. Poor baby. I hope it clears up!
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 7:37 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• Check with the doctor it looks like he has some kind of bug bites from the pictures but my youngest daughter is allergic to nickel and if it touches her skin she breaks out in a rash. Has he been wearing any clothes with snaps?
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 7:38 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• I would take him in if it does not clear up in a day or so. With my daughter they said it was an alergic reaction at first so, I know that she was not exposed to any thing that she has not been. Some times children will develop an alergy to something they are used to.
    Lindsey24

Answer by Lindsey24 at 8:05 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• i clicked on your profile but i didn't see the pics. anyway i am a pediatric nurse. if you have not used anything new i would suggest taking him into the doctor to let him look at it. there are so many different types of rashes and it is hard to really evaluate it with out seeing it. good luck!
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 8:29 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• Could it be bug bites? It would explain them not disappearing after benadryl.
    manna1qd

Answer by manna1qd at 9:49 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• Heat rash? Bug bites? Is he in pain? Is his skin warm? Call the dr's office and get a referral to a dermatologist!!! Good luck!!!
    LovingParent08

Answer by LovingParent08 at 12:05 AM on Oct. 2, 2008