i just need help finding a good group to vent...i feel like a horrible person/momma

carmelbd

Asked by carmelbd at 6:43 PM on Jul. 19, 2010 in About CafeMom

• Why do you feel this way. Did you spank your kid or get loud with em?
    buggin4baby

Answer by buggin4baby at 6:44 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• why do you feel like a horrible person and mother? Did you need a specific group or do you just wish to vent on here?
    smilelovesmile

Answer by smilelovesmile at 6:45 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• you can message me, im not a whole group but we could vent to each other lol i need to vent too!
    secondtyme520

Answer by secondtyme520 at 6:45 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• Yup i say the same im not a group but you can message me, i will "listen" im sure your fine!
    babymaddy

Answer by babymaddy at 6:48 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• i never wanted children...i didn't feel like i would have the skills necessary to be a good mom. i had an absent mother growing up and i didn't really have a good role model. so when i found out i was having a baby i was conflicted on what to do. i decided to go through with the pregnacy but i was planning on giving her up for adoption. but her father wouldn't let me so i kept her. but he doesn't have to deal with her i do...and all i can ever think about is getting away. and after 5 years i just want to end my life to make it easier on everybody and so my family doesn't know how horrible i am.
    carmelbd

Comment by carmelbd (original poster) at 6:52 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• i can listen too if you need another shoulder
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 6:52 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• Is there anyone you can talk to? A pastor, or go to the local hospital and ask for some referrals? Also ask about parenting classes at the hospital? National crisis hotlines - for stress 800-273-8255 for suicide 800-784-2433 Please seek out help. You are worthy of others caring about you. Your child needs you.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:08 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• Actually you're daughter has been with you for five years. She has bonded with you in that time. Even if your mother was absent for your growing up years, you are your own person. You have unique skills that your daughter can look up to you for. Everyone has unique skills they are born with. You'd be surprised what your daughter has probably learned from you in a good way. And yes, we all have doubts about our accomplishments from time to time but that's a normal feeling. Look, you've raised your child for five years already, and that has got to say something for it all. I think you need some "me"time to do your hair, buy something special for you, etc. Something that makes "you" feel important about you.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 7:09 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• thanks...sometimes i just feel like i am just worthless as a mom...but it turns out i just need some time for myself. My daughter is a little mini-me so we clash at every turn. this past week has been a lot better.
    carmelbd

Comment by carmelbd (original poster) at 9:56 AM on Jul. 24, 2010