How do I Potty training my 2yr old??

My little girl is 2yrs old she like to sit on the potty and flush the toilet. Sometimes she takes off her pullup when its wet but every time i sit her down on the potty she just wont go. I have been trying to potty train her for about a month now but no luck I really need some help.

teen_mommy1133

Asked by teen_mommy1133 at 7:02 PM on Jul. 19, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• put her in panties during the day time, pull-ups feel too much like pampers...When you sit her on the potty turn on the tap so she can hear the water run and when she do go pee pee in the potty give her lots of praise and maybe try a reward system, i gave my dd who is 20 months old now a peice of chocolate when she went potty. She is now day time potty trained. Good luck!
    mommylisar

Answer by mommylisar at 7:04 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• Oh yea and set a alarm clock or timer for every 20 mins and take her to the potty so she can get the concept that she has to pee/poopie in the potty. and keep telling her peepee/poopie goes in the potty not in ____ panties!
    mommylisar

Answer by mommylisar at 7:06 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• yes, i say put her in panties. I just potty trained...at least pee trained, she wont poop yet she is scared for some reason...and we did it one day! she has been peeing for a week now only in the potty and some days she poops when she cant hold it any longer. but pull ups feel too much like diapers, so she wont care. you have to make a HUGH deal out of it when she goes! and you need to take time with her, you cant just do it when you want to do it. you have to sound like a broken record "do you have to potty...tell mommy when you have to potty" every couple of mins. and really pay attention to her signals dancing all over the place and how you act when you really have to go. and run her in. while she is sitting there tell her see you had to potty, you have to tell mommy when you have to potty. stuff like that. good luck its frustrating thats for sure!
    babymaddy

Answer by babymaddy at 7:11 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• make sure she is showing enough interest. there are some really great books out there, about being a big girl and using the potty, that you can read to her when she is on the potty. be consistent. she'll get it. GL
    Anonymous

• Be careful using a running tap- my husband was 3 or 4, went to the local mall (when they had a big fountain in the middle) and peed his pants due to the sound of running water- true story! Definitely put her in panties, and if she is not going, give her a break for a few weeks and try again. I'm about to start with my 2 year old, but SIL is a potty training expert, and said every kid is different and the more you force it the longer it will take. Good luck!
    musichollie

Answer by musichollie at 10:57 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• when I potty trained my daughter I used regular panties without the plastic covers for them. She didnt like the feeling of it running down her leg. I also set a kitchen timer and took her in every 1/2 hour to every 15 minutes until she went. And when she did go she got a special treat out of a basket of little things I had gotten. Like stickers or suckers. If you make it exciting she'll think its way cool and do better. Good luck!
    cthrush82

Answer by cthrush82 at 1:38 PM on Jul. 20, 2010