I wish.....

my husband would call me hot or at least tell me that I am.....I know that Im not but it sure would help with the self esteem stuff.....I always see that he comments all these pics of skinny girls on facebook (mostly girls that are metal heads and what not) and I ask him what happens if I would change my hair like that or get 1,000's of tats and he says that he wouldnt like it. I know that he loves me and is atracted to me but Im confused he says those other girls are hot but yet when I wanted to change my hair he said that he wouldnt like it....hmmmmm any advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:10 PM on Jul. 19, 2010 in Relationships

• Compliment him! He might just return the compliment!
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 7:11 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• he lvoes you for who you are. those girls are a visual fantasy which is normal for men. be very glad he is not saying he wants you to change.
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 7:12 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• trust me it doesnt help with the self esst! My hubby tells me all the time and i still feel like a fat ugly hog! But talk to him about it. good luck!
    babymaddy

Answer by babymaddy at 7:12 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I say ask him why he wont at least pay you a nice compliment once in a while.

My husband doesn't ever say that to me .. like... Your beautiful or wow you look so great or nice.

Even if he did I would curl up like a snail ... I have a little low self esteem and the only one that can fix that is you ... I am sorry... but it's true.

You have to love you and love everything about you....! Then it wont even bother you that he doesn't say those things :)
    Dannille33

Answer by Dannille33 at 7:15 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I think he loves you and likes the way you look or he wouldnt be with you he would be off chasing those girls. My hubby tells me I am beautiful but I dont feel like I am so its hard to believe that he thinks I am. Just trust that he does.
    AshleyC2007

Answer by AshleyC2007 at 7:15 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• My husband never use to compliment me either or say he loves me, but after we were seperated for a couple of months and his mother passed, he became a different person and tells me i look good in something and he loves me more often than i thought he would and it feels good. Dress in a way that makes you feel good and sexy, hopefully, he'll notice and pay you your compliments.
    mrs2323

Answer by mrs2323 at 7:31 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• He loves you as a person and wanted to marry you. That should mean something. Being "hot" is an attitude. Many of those young skinny women radiate their confidence in themselves. They have high self esteem. That's what is hot to him not their tats or hair color or weight. Show him what hot really is. Throw him on the bed and climb on top and rock his world. I promise he'll think you are hot and tell you what you want to hear.! WOO HOO!!!! Women rule the world!

Answer by admckenzie at 7:33 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• You have to understand that the way he looks at you is different then how he looks at those girls. It's the same as porn. Guys watch porn for the fantasy. Yea it's hot on a video with actors, but a majority of guys wouldn't want that in real life. In real life they want someone like you and me. Average girls, with average bodies, who do average things. What we are may not be the fantasy in those videos, but that's why we're in the marriage and not those girls. They don't want a fantasy they want reality in their marriage. If that makes sense.

Sure those girls are hot, sure they might have what you don't, but that doesn't mean he feels any less about you. That just means that those girls are simply eye candy. Period. You've got soo much more then that and that's why he's with you.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 7:44 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I never get compliments. He didn't even say anything when I got my hair cut off or when I dyed it. I wondered if he even noticed.
    reesemom

Answer by reesemom at 7:54 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• My ex never used to give me compliments - and I'm hot! When I would ask him how I look, I would get a "you look fine" or "you shouldn't be so concerned with your looks" I finally told him exactly what I wanted - he told me he wasn't changing, I left and found a man who DOES make me feel good about myself.

Answer by missanc at 9:24 PM on Jul. 19, 2010