Are you in the top 1% income in the US,,upper middle class, (above $250,000) , middle class, working poor, or in poverty?

Do you believe your income effects your party of affiliation?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:16 PM on Jul. 19, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• No, the income level does not correlate with the political leaning.
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 12:12 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• we are on a fixed income and i am disabled. we are in poverty. yet we want for nothing.
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 7:18 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• Poverty level, although I work. Although I am not a member of any political party, I identify much more strongly with the Republican party and most often will vote Republican.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 7:20 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• No, I'm not but I know people who make that much and more. They are conservative. I don't like or appreciate the fact that dems have made the wealthy seem bad. How does George Soros, the Hollywood elite, and the other rich dems rationalize this? George Soros is worth billions and backs every left wing blog/media outlet he can to defeat the conservatives. He is what he claims to hate. How does that work? That is what I'm confused about.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 10:17 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• and no i dont think it affects my party affiliation because i dont vote along party lines. i vote for who i have researched and feel best deserves my vote
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 7:19 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• According to Medicaid 150% below poverty. So I guess poverty is something to strive for in my case. LOL
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 7:21 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• @Anouck: Every one in this country is able to have health care. Some have to pay for it, some don't. Not all PA receivers are lazy bums but, some are. Some women don't get married so, they can keep their medicaid and FS. The "haves" do help the "have nots" but, they should have to fund their food, medical and housing. There are places for people to sleep other than the streets, they are called shelters. Our country can not afford to give every one, everything they need at some point they will have to get it on their own.

As for the OQ:: I think we are working poor. We are just fine though. We want for nothing.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 8:13 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• yeah, pswifey, I use the computer to make the money. Very important.
    we don't keep the cable.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:14 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• Currently in poverty. Usually in working poor. I am a liberal/Independent. I don't believe my status effects my political leanings.
    kuriequinn

Answer by kuriequinn at 7:19 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I think you'll be sad to find that most of the conservatives that participate here are not the 1% elite that people love to stereotype republicans to be. Especially considering how many are small business owners or self employed and being hardest hit by this recession.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 7:34 PM on Jul. 19, 2010