I am 39 weeks and 4 days with my second baby im ready to have him but im not having any signs, no mucas plug coming out or pains or anything. Just wondering if I can still go into labor soon without having any signs its coming??

lucaslevimom

Asked by lucaslevimom at 7:24 PM on Jul. 19, 2010 in Pregnancy

• yes! My mucus plug came out the night before I had my seciond daughter a few hours later my water broke and I went into labor, my first baby was 4 days late. mucus plug came out and I had her the next day. You prob wont know until its getting ready to happen.
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 7:27 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• 40 weeks is only the middle number between 38 and 42 weeks. You may have another 2 weeks and 3 days to go. You can show absolutely no signs until 42 weeks and then go right into labor. Do not worry or try any crazy "natural" inductions or get doctor induced until at least then and only if your placenta id deteriorating. I had no signs and went into labor on my own at 40 weeks in 2 days.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 7:28 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• Wellll, I had the same problem....I went 2 1/2 weeks overdue with my first child, then they tried to induce me with a gel two days in a row... I never softened or dilated at all...then I went on the ptocin drip for 17 hours and never felt one contraction....the doctor tried to break my water and it wouldn't break! So they said there was no way I could go any longer and recommended they take the baby by c-section...... I'm not saying you Can't go into labour...that's just my experience.... good luck !!!
    FXmomTo3

Answer by FXmomTo3 at 7:29 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• Yes. My cousin went into labor one half hour before giving birth. Anything is possible. Good luck to you and baby!
    AdrianaS

Answer by AdrianaS at 7:33 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• My first was 3 wks early with 4 days of labor.
    My second, I was 2 days past my "due date" and not thinking anything was gonna happen than BAM my water broke at home and she was born 3 1/2 hrs later!!!
    I JUST told this story to someone I know on her due date, who was feeling nothing yet and 2 hrs later she went into labor LMAO he was born 3 hrs after the "due date" lol
    It will happen, almost there :)
    KaRaBaSsEtT

Answer by KaRaBaSsEtT at 7:33 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• i went into labor and didn't even know it.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 7:35 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I have 3 kids and never saw a mucus plug or had my water break. My 3rd baby was born 5 weeks early and I had a Dr. appt. that morning and they told me I was 3cm dilated but could be like that 4 more weeks. I was having contractions that whole day and had him that evening. I was not prepared at all.
    reesemom

Answer by reesemom at 7:49 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• When I had my first I didn't have any symptoms. I woke up one morning 1 week before my due date, and I was having pretty tame contractions but they were every 6-10 minutes. Then I got up to pee and I was spotting. I had her the next day at noon. Those were the only two symptoms I had. My water didnt break until 30 minutes before i had her. And I never saw my mucous plug.
    momma_shuler

Answer by momma_shuler at 7:56 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• There is no problem, nothing wrong or abnormal. We aren't "supposed" to know what our cervix is doing... there is no real point. But if you want to check it, keep in mind it's an unnecessary intervention. It does much more harm than good. It can satisfy a curiosity... but don't let it translate into expectations!!

You WILL dilate whenever you are supposed to, at whatever speed. Avoiding getting checked can help you avoid unnecessary interventions/risks!
    Truly.

It will happen whenever it's supposed to. That could be tonight or in a few weeks, no problem.
    :-)
    Have faith in the normal process that works!!
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 8:03 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• Yes. On the 7th I was .5 cm dilated. I never noticed my mucus plug coming out. On the morning of the 9th I woke up in labor and by the time I got to the hospital I was 3 cm dilated (I was scheduled for a c-section at 10:30). While I was on the OR table getting my spinal, my water broke.

Answer by missanc at 9:34 PM on Jul. 19, 2010