Ladies! who here doesn't drive? I don't...

not because I don't know how. I do. I mean, if the person I am with in the car had a stroke, embolism or a seizure, I can drive her to the hospital. Other than that, I don't drive. I've been in way too many accidents while I was driving. Must be my vision problems so I don't want to risk it no more specially that I have little children with me. My hubby or friends drive me when they could. If not, I take the public transportation which is pretty much very good around here. How about you?

LavenderRose10

Asked by LavenderRose10 at 7:44 PM on Jul. 19, 2010 in General Parenting

• I dont drive...i want to but no one will teach me how! :(
    mommylisar

Answer by mommylisar at 7:46 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I know how to drive but I prefer not to for the same reason that you dont drive one to many accidents.
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 7:47 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I do. I have no reason not to drive. We do not have a public transport out here in the sticks.
    momthruivf

Answer by momthruivf at 7:47 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I drive but I don't like it. I just don't have the patience for it (especially in heavy traffic). We don't have public transportation so I have no choice.
    bizlady

Answer by bizlady at 7:49 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I don't drive, don't even have a car anymore. We walk or ride bikes. No public transportation available here.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 7:51 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I no longer drive. hubby is willing to cart me around
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 7:53 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I have known how to drive since I was 18. I do not drive as much as I used to. I used to think of driving across several states just to visit my family or friends. Now, I am lucky to put 2,000 miles a year on my car. I drive to go grocery shopping and the occasional doctors appointments. I have no desire to travel any place anymore. My car is one year old this month. It has 6,000 miles on it, only because I lent it to a friend who drove 3 round trips to Florida and back. If I had not done that, I am sure it would still have about 2,000 miles on it. It still smells new, I have yet to take any of the new stickers off of it. I just don't see the need to drive.
    Joeygoat

Answer by Joeygoat at 7:55 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I used to drive everywhere until I had my daughter. After I had her I had a bit of post partum and then developed anxiety and caused a few panic attacks. Those happened when I drove. So now I hardly drive. I only drive around our little town...i hope to one day get back out there on my own.
    MamaSpurg

Answer by MamaSpurg at 8:21 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I don't know what I would do if I didn't/wouldn't drive! I love taking my kids to the playground, library, etc. - we usually go somewhere at least once/day. I had a c-section 10 days ago and can't drive for a few more days and I'm about to go stir crazy even though my mom is coming by and taking me somewhere at least every other day and my husband is home in the evenings. I live north of the city limits, so there isn't much public transportation - but that's okay because I love to drive!

Answer by missanc at 9:08 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I don't!
    delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 9:47 PM on Jul. 19, 2010