How's the public transportation system where your at?

Which city are you in? I was just wondering. I'm from San Francisco. I don't drive around here and the public transportation is great! I've known some people who had lived here for more than a decade whose got a good paying job, lives in a nice place, travels a lot but does not own a car. We only have one car which I don't drive due to numerous major and minor accidents I've had. I'm glad to still be alive. It's just kinda sad that I don't drive you know.

LavenderRose10

Asked by LavenderRose10 at 7:58 PM on Jul. 19, 2010 in Travel

• Bryan, TX and it is good.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 8:00 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I wish we had one, I guess because we live in a small town we don't need one.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 8:01 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I know we have some here but I have never used it. I live outside the city so the transportation doesn't come here. I live in Roanoke, VA.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 8:03 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I live in Orange County , CA..its alright. But they had to cut hours/routes.
    youngmm

Answer by youngmm at 8:04 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I live in San Diego and its pretty good, except for on Sundays it sucks...some busses don't run on sundays so its hard to get around on sundays and most busses run every 2 hours.
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 8:08 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• Well...I'm going to have to say that it is superb since my husband is the Director of our transit authority. lol
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 8:48 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• Yuma, AZ we just got one about a year ago and it is already getting shut down so it sucks.
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 9:28 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• We live in Chicago, like San Francisco, you definitely don't need a car.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:30 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I live in Dalton, GA and most families here have at least 1 car if not 2 or more. The only public transportation we had until last year were taxis. Last summer, the city started a bus route and it is pretty good but it only goes to certain places.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 1:10 PM on Aug. 16, 2010