I think all questions asked in politics & current events should be asked anonymously....

What do you think? If asked anonymously,( especially in debate sections) you are more likely NOT to be on the offense or defense, but to answer honestly.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:59 PM on Jul. 19, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I think I understand what you are saying. Like when people open a question they are already ready to ponce JUST by the name and leaning of the person who posted it? I know I have had people jump down my throat after I posted a Q that I NEVER stated my personal opinion one way or the other on. I don't think it will really matter. Just in reading a question most people can read the lean to it...whether in the article posted's leaning or the way the question is worded.

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 8:21 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I don't ever feel the need to post anon in the politics section! LOL :o) I give my opinions on the topics that interest me, and I'm not afraid to say it.

If you're not comfortable about discussing politics, then I recommend just "lurking" and reading through those threads that interest you--and vote answers up and down! :o) -- and then when you feel you understand the issue better, you just may feel comfortable enough to post a response...or even just give someone you agree with a "high five!" :o)

I think the anon option should only be used for personal/delicate questions and answers.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:11 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• Nope, I think they should lose the ANON button for good. No need to hide behind it. Ask away, just know that this is the internet and we are open to all and in a free country, so, expect negative feedback for any controversial topic.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 8:00 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I don't see a reason to do any of it anon. Why hide and not stand by what you say/ask? Just be an adult and debate, not a child and argue.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 8:03 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I don't care who knows how I feel but some don't want the drama. It's true sometimes people can get very snippy.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 8:04 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I completely disagree. You are already anonymous on this site, its not as though you are posting with your actual name. You should have the courage of your convictions. I have never posted anon.

I guess if you were posting something in the health section that is sensitive, that would be the only time I would consider it.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 8:04 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I don't think so either. Don't be afraid of the more boisterous posters from either end of the political spectrum. If you have your ducks in a row and stand by your principles, it can make for an interesting debate. I think when anon questions are asked (not this one) and they are mean, condescending, defensive, or just looking for a fight is when the upset begins and there's no real debate, but a lot of mud slinging. I see good points from pretty much everyone on here.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 8:06 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I agree with Lorikeet.....
    I say - just before falling down in a faint,shocked and amazed.....hehe.

***

jaw drop  This is getting scary.....that makes THREE in one week?!??  I want to get off this ride!!!  LMAO!! :o)

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:18 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I sort of agree with this. I have noticed that I can post a question with my sn, and get maybe 20 replies. But then I can see the same question posted by an anon with a lot more replies. Now, that could be due to time of day, or something innocent like that, but at the same time, I have to wonder if it isn't something else.....whatever. It doesn't stop me from posting anyway. I use my sn here, and it is completely anonymous as to WHO I really am, so I am not worried.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 12:35 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I'm always honest with my answers. I do how ever take anons less seriously.If it did require anon asking I wouldn't ask questions there I'm not a coward.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 8:05 PM on Jul. 19, 2010