Do you think the government is doing a good job protecting us from terrorism...

or do you think they are just suckling the money from all the fear we live in of terrorism and don't do shit about it? I mean think about it. They had a tip off from the underwear bomber's dad that he was planning an attack, they did nothing. They had so many damn clues about the Fort Hood shooter, still they did nothing. So what the hell good are they if they won't even protect their own damn country? I don't think they are doing a good job at protecting us I think they're doing an excellent job at taking our damn money and doing absolutely nothing.

GinNTonic

Asked by GinNTonic at 8:24 PM on Jul. 19, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• i think they get tons of threats and dont know which ones to take seriously.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 8:26 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• NOPE! We've just been lucky to this point..waiting for the next shoe to drop!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:28 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I would think that after 911 they would take every threat seriously, but then again they didn't exactly take the 911 threat seriously either. Because there were threats before 911. Like..ahem...the 93 bombing of the WTC.
    GinNTonic

Comment by GinNTonic (original poster) at 8:28 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I think we have been very lucky......
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 8:30 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I think they want us to think they are doing a good job. However, it seems like every time something happens or there's a threat, we lose a little bit more of our personal freedoms.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 8:32 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• Lucky? The underwear bomber was stopped by PASSENGERS not the government. A passenger did the government's job! What the hell! And then that shooter killing those people? REally? That's lucky?
    GinNTonic

Comment by GinNTonic (original poster) at 8:32 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I do--but I don't think the finances of that process are working. There are too many cooks in the kitchen to be able to create and produce a good meal. The intellegence needs to be centralized, streamlined, and restructured to the point that the right hand knows for sure what the left hand is doing. (Sorry for the mixed metaphors).
    Youngwifey2

Answer by Youngwifey2 at 8:32 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• Instead of streamlining intelligence as they were advised to do after 9/11, they've catered to all the egos and created redundancies so as not to step on anyone's toes. Nothing has improved, they're just paying more people not to do anything.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:35 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• NO
    MunchMunch

Answer by MunchMunch at 8:40 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• If field and investigative agents within the FBI and CIA were allowed to share information with one another maybe they would have "connected the dots" sooner!

"The "wall" between criminal and intelligence investigations apparently caused agents to be less aggressive than they might otherwise have been in pursuing Foreign Intelligence Investigations Act (FISA) surveillance powers in counterterrorism investigations."

LINK

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:48 PM on Jul. 19, 2010