How did your husband propose to u?

Did he do it out of the blue?

mamaofficer

Asked by mamaofficer at 8:31 PM on Jul. 19, 2010 in Relationships

• yes it was spontaneous//we were kissing.. he wrapped his arms arms me .. sighed deeply and said" Oh I want to marry you"..very sweet and very sincere.
    munchkinaplenty

Answer by munchkinaplenty at 8:37 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• nope, we just said we wanted to get married and we went to kays together and picked out the ring
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 8:52 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• He went and got a ring. Asked my parents if he could ask me. Then he took me to Terryville New York where we had one of our most romantic dates and proposed by a stream he had to carry me over a year and a half earlier (long story). Then we spent the night there at a bed and breakfast. It was very romantic. I had my suspicions that he was going to ask... but to this day I insist that it was a total surprise :)

...Don't tell okay?
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 9:04 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• Not completely out of the blue. We had been ring shopping, just so he could find out what I liked - but he went back and ordered the stone without me and had it set. We were going out on a "date night" on a rare weekend night off for me (I managed a restaurant) and he took me to the place we had our first date, got down on one knee and asked me to marry him.

Answer by missanc at 9:20 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• We got married for purely legal/medical reasons. There was no real proposal. But he did stop the wedding, get down on one knee and say "Since I didn't do this right the first time... Will you marry me" Even the photographer was crying! lol

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:36 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I'm still waiting for a ring... lol!

• Well Ive been proposed to 3 times and i can remeber each one specifically.... one i was 15 and the guy was older he was in his work uniform and proposed one day after school by the art building, the 2nd time he went and picked out the ring and asked me and im not with either of those... my hubby just one day while we were going to visit my family we were taking the senic route and he said you know if your gma pays for the wedding we will get married.... i asked her she said yes cause she practically raised me not my parents, and now here i am 5 yrs later and my gma said i gave her the best gift in return a great grandbaby! (who will be 2 nxt monday!)
    TatymMommi

Answer by TatymMommi at 9:37 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• Munchkin plenty that is so sweet
    mamaofficer

Comment by mamaofficer (original poster) at 9:46 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• We were at a birthday party i threw for my mom. We had already given her her b-day present, and he was deejaying, and he stopped the music and said, my mothers name, i want to give you a birthday present. I'm thinking to myself, we don,t have money to give her two presents what is he doing. He announced i want to ask you for your daughters hand in marriage, everybody screamed so loud.His friend grabbed me and took me where he was and he got down on his knee and said, i thought I would never get married again, but you made a liar out of me. Will you marry me? I cried and said,yes and everbody screamed and hugged us both. It was sooo funny
    mrs2323

Answer by mrs2323 at 9:57 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• We were sitting in his room listening to music, chatting with friends and watching TV ... The Police's "Every Little Thing She Does is Magic" and at the line "I resolve to call her up a thousand times a day, and ask her if she'll marry me in some old fashioned way" ... he looked at me and said "Well, will you?"

Me: "Huh?"

Him: "Marry me?"

Me: "Yes."

We'd been dating about 3-4 months.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 10:12 PM on Jul. 19, 2010