How do I nicely tell people to back off?

My friends try to tell me what to do and eat and how to get ready for my baby. Advice is nice but not when they say you HAVE to drink 3 glasses of milk a day and start pouring them out for me. Its like hello thanks but I will do what I want haha.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:36 PM on Jul. 19, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Just smile and nod... everyone wants to help. You don't have to do anything. :-)
    HistoryMamaX3

Answer by HistoryMamaX3 at 8:39 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• Just be blunt about it and if you have to blame it on hormones. A "Thanks, but no thank you" usually works too.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:41 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• Say..." I DONT WANT THE F-IN MILK, ALRIGHT!!!! BACK THE F OFF..LEAVE ME THE F ALONE....Nothing personal,okay"
    LOL...youre pregnant..blame it on the hormones,lol.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 8:44 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• Say, "Thanks, but no thanks!"
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 8:45 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• next time they do that say " Are you thirsty?" and hand her the glass lol
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 8:59 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• It's okay to be mad and say what you needed to say if it aggravates you a lot. I usually get aggravated and say things that I wanted to say and blamed it on the hormones lol. Other than that, Thanks but no thanks works for me as well.
    Bubbles_mommy

Answer by Bubbles_mommy at 9:10 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• Just be blunt about it thank her for her advice and for trying to help but tell her that you have your own ways to do things.
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 9:15 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• Maybe try to talk to them jokingly like "geez you guys I get that your trying to give me advice but I can't take it all at once, thanks though" and if they ask what you mean or don't get the hint just say that you hear them out but your allowed to pick and choose what advice you'd like to follow. Leave it at that. Good luck
    ProudMammaMia

Answer by ProudMammaMia at 9:27 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• Im preg, i totally understand!! I have ppl telling me stuff all the time especially about dyin hair... im like hello not STUPID!!
    bmdred

Answer by bmdred at 10:46 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• jus remind them that ur supossed to drink 8 glasses of water a day, do they do that?....they do what they want n u appreciate the advise but u will do what u want, im sure ur smart enuf to b healthy enuf for u n the baby!
    LilStacy

Answer by LilStacy at 11:24 PM on Jul. 19, 2010