Are bubble baths okay for 3 yo girl?

Do any moms know of a good guideline of getting a safe (non-irratant) bubble bath solution for my 3 yo daughter? She loves bubble baths, but even the kids bubble baths at the store cause me to feel a bit nervous of various skin-sensitive troubles. Anyone have any suggestions? Are my anxieties valid or totally irrational?

I'm sensitively skinned and just want to make sure bubble baths are okay at her age.

brightflashes

Asked by brightflashes at 8:36 PM on Jul. 19, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• There are no safe bubble baths, they all run the risk of causing a UTI. My dd loves them too but she only gets one every month or so....and I am sure to rinse her area VERY VERY well.....

She had a severe uti at 8 weeks and it was bad.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 8:38 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• Bubble baths tend to cause UTI's in girls. if she absolutely must have a bubble baths rinse her vagina with clean water afterwards to lessen the chance. But my dd kept getting infections so bubble baths had to go.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:38 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• if she has never had a problem with them before i wouldnt worry about it.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 8:38 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• is ok once in a while, but you shouldn't give them one every day like yourself you shouldn't have a bubble bath everyday either cause it can cause an infection. I get my girls bubble bath for their stockings for christmas and I give them a bubble bath when we have it once a week.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 8:38 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• yes my girls occasionally still take bubble baths, I usually look for the type of bubbles that say safe for bubble baths. I'd reccomend shopping around at the store they have a few especially in the baby section where they sell them, they make special ones for kids so it wont make there skin irritated and it wont give them a uti.
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 8:39 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• My besties little girl gets a bath maybe 3 bb a month. It gives her yeast infections! BB are not cool for little girls :(
    buggin4baby

Answer by buggin4baby at 8:39 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• Just don't keep her in there too long. It can cause dryness of the skin.

Keep an eye on her in the tub; NEVER walk away from a small child in the bath tub.
    AdrianaS

Answer by AdrianaS at 8:40 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• Avon Skin so Soft has a bubble bath that is rather nice... but I agree with others, it isn't an every day thing and always be sure to rinse her off really well with fresh water afterward.
    HistoryMamaX3

Answer by HistoryMamaX3 at 8:40 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• im the same way with lotions and stuff..i get so sensitve towards them, so i was cautious with my daughter too..but oddly enuff the best that worked for her, besides the johnson and johnson stuff, was a noname brand from the grocery store...never had any problems with it, shes been using it for about 4 years now
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 8:40 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• Limit how often she has one so that you prevent UTI's. They can be very painful !! I'd say 2x a month at most, not for every bath time!
    parrishsky

Answer by parrishsky at 8:56 PM on Jul. 19, 2010