How much services for autism?

How much services (speech, OT, ECE, etc) on average should an autistic child receive?

CSJMommy3

Asked by CSJMommy3 at 8:38 PM on Jul. 19, 2010 in General Parenting

• That totally depends on the child and the severity of their autism and what is available.

There is no one right answer. My dd has 12 hours a week. She has mild aspergers.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 8:40 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• Depends on the child and where they fall on the spectrum. Some require more and some not so much.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:43 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• It depends. If the child is very young, go for the max that you can. When I was a TSS, I was with this one kid for 25 hours a week. And that was just me, not the OT or the ST.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 8:44 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• yep it really depends on the childs need and what you have in place for them as far as a 504 plan or an IEP My son just gets OT
    justgrape723

Answer by justgrape723 at 8:47 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• It would depend on the level of function and also where you are.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 10:14 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• It depends on the child. I personally had none growing up. But my husband's niece receives like 20 or so hours a week at least.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 8:36 AM on Jul. 20, 2010