• In the Spotlight:

Really? Gee, thanks Govornator...oh, how is that budget going?

Calif. Establishes Ronald Regan Day
Feb. 6 To Be Designated Ronald Regan Day

Comments (0)SACRAMENTO, Calif. -- Starting next year, California will set aside a day to honor former President Ronald Reagan, who also served as governor.
Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger signed two bills Monday paying tribute to the conservative icon, who died in 2004. The first designates Feb. 6 as Ronald Reagan Day. The bill, SB944, encourages schools to spend the day commemorating Reagan's life and accomplishments. The second, AB1911, establishes a commission to plan the celebration of what would have been Reagan's 100th birthday next February. The commission would have to use private donations to pay for the festivities. Despite the Legislature's Democratic majority, both Reagan bills received unanimous support. Good to know, now the unemployeed of Cali can sleep at night knowing Ronnie gets his own special day. Thanks Arnie. Cali moms????

Youngwifey2

Asked by Youngwifey2 at 8:48 PM on Jul. 19, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Ronnie gets his own special day

Is he getting his own day for WAR CRIMES??

or

RAISING the DEFICIT? lol

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 12:49 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Schwarzeneggar is a RINO at best!! He's married to Maria Shriver (She's a KENNEDY!!!) You don't get to "hang out" with the Kennedy clan--let alone marry one of their family members, unless you are a staunch liberal Democrat!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 9:05 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I think it's because he CAN'T afford to do anything else! So, he's probably just signing off on bills that have been collecting dust on his desk that don't cost anything!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 9:09 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• Umm, well, I don't know. He is a Republican and he is going to honor another Republican Governor --Reagan---who was also President.....but what is wrong with that??? Will it be bad for the budget? Or do you want him to ignore Reagan day and work harder on the budget.
    I really don't know what the point is.....
    I am not a fan of Arnie and never did like Reagan as President but I see nothing wrong with "Reagan Day",etc.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 9:01 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I agree... it's nice to have days that honor things... but I'm not even going to pretend that this decision will be free, in spite of what they say about private donations. We need to get our budget back in the black more than we need to celebrate our honored dead or pass bills that don't help the state.
    tyheamma

Answer by tyheamma at 9:01 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• Well, you know, I realize many don't like the Kennedys and resent their money and the fact that Arnold is married to a Kennedy has "your panties in a bunch" ....heh...but JFK was a much better President than any who followed..
    Who cares if he signed a bill to honor Reagan. How could that cost very much?? LOL.
    I can't believe I am defending a Republican....wow.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 9:27 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• if this infuriates you, (as it should) you should follow the senate floor and the house floor on twitter. It'll make you want to go postal. These people vote on EVERYTHING... to honor this that and the other, to go to the bathroom, to finish up for the night.

IF you consider the COST of keeping these people traveling back and forth, and feeding them while they are there, well, revamping the way we do things for the modern age would probably balance the deficit.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 9:51 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I can't believe I am defending a Republican....wow.

And I can't believe I agree with you!  LOL!

MunchMunch

Answer by MunchMunch at 10:28 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• The problem I have with it is that this state is in crisis. Attention needs to be focused on remedying the state economy, housing, unemployment, social services and educational system FIRST. Not focusing on taking care of the people of California should take precedence over this happy feel-good fluff that Arnie is just tossing in at the last minute. If he wanted this, why not introduce it sooner after RR died? Why wait until four months before an election year? For me, it has nothing to do with party affiliation--it has to do with this current governor not doing his job.
    Youngwifey2

Comment by Youngwifey2 (original poster) at 9:07 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• Lori--I am well aware of his pedigree---I am related to the Kennedy's by marriage. As soon as he was elected, my comment was "now they have the West Coast too."
    Youngwifey2

Comment by Youngwifey2 (original poster) at 9:08 PM on Jul. 19, 2010