What is the best book to movie adaptation?

Cindy18

Asked by Cindy18 at 8:55 PM on Jul. 19, 2010 in Just for Fun

• The Princess Bride is the only movie I still like after reading the book. The book is way better, but the movie is still good, regardless of how much better the book is.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 11:53 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• To Kill a Mockingbird.
    lvpenguino

Answer by lvpenguino at 8:59 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I would have to say To Kill A Mockingbird
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 9:07 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I liked the movie of About a Boy better than the book. Same for High Fidelity. I think Nick Hornby is better as a movie writer than a novelist.

I also liked Fight Club better as a movie than as a book.

In general I like to do things backwards, I like to watch the movie and THEN read the book because usually if I read the book first then I hate the movie. But if I see the movie first and then read the book it just makes me like the book more.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 8:57 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• One of my favorite books is Pride and Prejudice and I love the movie as well!
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 8:58 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• Nicholas Sparks' The Notebook. And YES--To Kill a Mockingbird.
    Maybe, Gone with the Wind, too.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 9:05 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• Of Mice and Men was pretty close and so was The Color Purple. My fave was Time Traveler's Wife; even though it was different, I wasn't dissapointed in the book or the movie, I loved them both.
    coutterhill

Answer by coutterhill at 9:05 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I didn't even think of To Kill a Mockingbird!!! Classic!! One of my all time favorite books and a darn fine movie too. I love Gregory Peck.

Now that I am thinking of classics, The Grapes of Wrath was pretty good too. (Another book I absolutely love).
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 9:14 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• Silence of the Lamb, the movie was just like the book. Lord of the Rings #1 only and naturally all of the classics as stated above.
    twilite2000

Answer by twilite2000 at 9:25 PM on Jul. 19, 2010