Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do you know when a person has aids or HIV?

my brother in law was always having intercourse every single weekend with different girls, when me and hubby and my son would go visit my parents in law we would hear them all the way downstairs doing there thing, and then when time went by we started noticing that he was always sick either with the flu or bleeding from his nose and he lost alot of weight, and he finally decided to move out of his parents nest.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 7:33 PM on Oct. 1, 2008 in Health

Answers (5)
  • There's no way to know without a test. There aren't really signs or symptoms that are only for HIV or AIDS. If you're concerned, say something to him and ask him to go get tested.

    Answer by WadeMom313 at 7:48 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

  • Those actually sound more like symptoms of some classes of drug abuse..which in itself puts him in a high risk catagory. You have to have a test to know. Good Luck.

    Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 8:12 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

  • you won't ever know unless he tells you unfortunatly

    Answer by mommymeg03 at 8:22 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

  • The only way to know is to get tested. Usually there are no outward signs of it, one reason most people don't get tested. Is he doing drugs? That could a possible reason for his sickness and lost weight.

    Answer by fmchavez at 9:51 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

  • I would have to say the loss of weight and bleeding from his nose is from snorting cocain etc.

    Answer by Jeffsmom87 at 6:29 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.