Internal Debate

Ok, I am so torn internally. Deep down I want nothing more but to be a mother and I want a baby sooo bad! I have been begging my DH for one for a long time. Now, he has given in and wants one real bad too. Now, what I am torn against is, I am moving up some at work and I know I have potential to move up even more. A part of me wants to move up and wants a career and I know if I get pregnant it will hurt me b/c my boss would want me to take it easy and not put so much stress on me and I know after I have that baby it will be too hard to go back to work and I'd probably quit. So, I am just so torn right now b/t having a new baby and my career. What do you think?

ABPeterson

Asked by ABPeterson at 9:00 PM on Jul. 19, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• To me, life is about relationships and love from those relationships. One of the strongest most loving bond you will ever have in life is with your child.

That job, is a dime a dozen and can wait. When your life is over, the things you will remember are the important people in your life, not how much you accomplished in your career.

JMO
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 9:03 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• no reason to quit you will just need to find some good daycare. You can have it all if you really want it. It may take some thinking on your part and organization but I am sure you can do it. Would DH be there to help and support you in your career? DO you think with the better career you could hire someone to come in once a week to clean the house? that would help a great deal as well. I went back to work it can be done...We are women we are strong we are super moms !!
    justgrape723

Answer by justgrape723 at 9:03 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• You can do both in my opinion
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 9:05 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• you can do both. it just takes balance and priority.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 9:15 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I agree with the other ladies. For one thing, there are lots of people who can do your job, and lots of jobs that you can do. But you are the only one that can choose to have a child with your dh, kwim?

Also, there's nothing that says that you can't have a baby and still have a job. Ok, so let's say that you're right, and it does slow you down some - so, instead of getting that promotion next year, you get it in 2 yrs. But you also get to have your baby.

Or, if like you said, you decide to not go back to work. Well, honestly, if you love your job is so important to you, but yet, you still think you would love your baby even more that you would be willing to give it up, doesn't that sort of tell you that your heart already really knows what it wants more? (NOT bashing on moms who don't give it up and keep working, btw!)

good luck!
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 9:16 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I think you should find some other career orientated moms like yourself and see how they do it..I know their are MANY on here! Where there is a will there is a way. Youre life does change after having a baby..this is true...but it doesnt have to be completley different. If you want both family and career..you CAN do it! Good Luck! :)
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 9:27 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• you can do both you just have to understand how you are going to. when my daughter was very young circumstances were such that i needed to become a single parent. i worked full time and tripled my salary and got promoted six times in less than nine years. i was a good mother and a good employee. i eventually left my job when the travel started to get to be too much - not only time away from my child but just logistics, go for all of it.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 6:25 PM on Jul. 20, 2010