Should I feel this way?

I hate my daughter being around my MIL. I guess I just feel like she has always been such a jerk why should she have the priviledge? And I dont want her influence on her! Even though I hate her, if it was just me I'd say whatever. But whenever she is going to be around my baby I feel angry and upset. I know my DH is unhappy cause he thinks she is great for some reason and wants her to see our DD more. Am I wrong?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:33 PM on Oct. 1, 2008 in Relationships

• No. I would say you are concerned for a reason... I dont let my baby girl be around people I dont trust unless I am there. Talk to your husband about why you are concerned. Let him know you don't want that kind of environment to be a part of their lives... I know it is very easy for me to say this since I am not in the situation... But thats my advice... Good luck.
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 8:59 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• I think you need to think about your daughter...put all of your differences aside and ask yourself a few questions. Does your MIL put your daughter in harms way? Does she treat her nicely? Has she ever done anything with your DD that should keep her from seeing her? If she's not badmouthing you around your DD and she is a good grandmother I don't think you should keep her from seeing her. Grandparents are a blessing...not everyone has one, and no matter your differences she deserves that chance. Of course your DH thinks she's great..it's his mother, he'll always love her. I know MIL's can be a pain and we don't always get along...but the majority of the time, the kids have nothing to do with it
    meegan26

Answer by meegan26 at 8:58 PM on Oct. 1, 2008