Recovering Bulimic....

I noticed my teeth hurt alot and they are thin.... I don't have insurance, is there anyway to stregthen my teeth??? Please help and please don't bash!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:19 PM on Jul. 19, 2010 in Health

• Try a rinse like ACT, which will help, and use a restorative toothpaste. Congratulations on your recovery!
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 9:21 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• Hmmm...I'm not sure. Once you've worn the enamel off, it'll be hard to strengthen your teeth. Make sure you get plenty of calcium. I would try to get to a dentist...sometimes they can see you for relatively cheap even without insurance. They may be able to provide you with some sort of sealant or something that can help you. Whatever you do, stay away from whitening kits or other really acidic foods (such as lemons) which can further eat away your enamel.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 9:22 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I was bulimic when i was 12 for 3 years. I had completely worn out my teeth. I used ACT 3 times a day, and brushed with tooth enemal tooth paste. It completely strengthened my teeth, and they are strong and thick again. Good luck hun!
    faithfully2God

Answer by faithfully2God at 3:32 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Hi,

I was a bulimic for 9 years, my teeth are really weak and have had much work done in the process, I'm on my 1st year recovery l.... I use crest and fluoride supplements to brush my teeth, as well as a non alcoholic wash mouth.... Congratulations on recovering.... I know how hard it is.... My pain has mostly gone away and the sensitivity is almost gone as well honestly Colgate fluoride sensitive toothpaste is the best , a bit pricy but it beats the dentists bill
    Sonita87

Answer by Sonita87 at 12:09 AM on Jul. 27, 2012