When someone is seeking help, why..WHY do you have to rip them apart instead of offering HELPFUL ADVICE? adult content

Don't you know, arent you aware that you can't help people for belittleing them for something they already feel bad enough about?? And when you tear them apart for basically openeing up and asking for help all your doing is making them shut down and stop seeking help which could potententially turn out very badly.
What the heck is wrong with some of you?
You know who you are.
I hope you never volunteer for a suicide hotline, you'd have people knocking themselves off left and right rather than helping them.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:21 PM on Jul. 19, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• welcome to the world of cafemom
    I never belittle anyone hat asks for help, if I simply don't have advice and feel like saying something mean, I don't post anything and move onto the next question. As the saying goes treat other how you want to be treated.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 9:26 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• hey I never belittle its not worth it or right if I cannot help I bump them.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 9:23 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• People are bitchy and believe their shit don't stink. They don't have empathy. They weren't taught to care for others...only themselves and what they can get. They have tunnel-vision and can't see passed their own nose.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 9:24 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• Hi, everyone. The OP is referring to me. A woman was talking about how she often smacks her 1 1/2 year old daughter on her arms, legs, and butt. While I suggested anger management classes, I also stated that I think that's abuse. Apparently, that was bashing her. I didn't "tear anyone apart". And OP, who I very much know who you are (but apparently you're scared for me to recognize you), you're making quite an assumption. I'd have people killing themselves left and right? Wow. Anyways, 97% of the time, I offer kind advice, but it's always sincere. I'm sorry you didn't like me pointing out the obvious this time. And you know...I was a LOT less harsh than CPS would be if someone witnessed this and reported her.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 9:33 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• i agree. if they are asking for help they know they are in the wrong. they are looking for advice to try and fix it, not to be belittled.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 9:25 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• my logic- those in glass houses shouldn't case the first stone
    oppsdiditagain

Answer by oppsdiditagain at 9:27 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• Amen LovingSAHMommy!
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 9:35 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• that is why i called it a C bomb- and surprised you don't know what it means.. you fit the title well enough hun"

You're one to preach. You seem like a very nice lady yourself. Wait..what was that saying about glass houses and stones again, HUN? :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 9:42 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• My mom was abused and so was I. I don't abuse my son. I applaud her for recognizing and asking for help. I refuse to belittle her. My mom or grandparents never recognized or tried to get help. So, your post was awful and not encouraging.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 9:43 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I never understood it either!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:27 PM on Jul. 19, 2010