Best place to raise a family and why?

Is your current city/town great for raising children? If yes, why? If not, do you know of a better place?

sherribeare

Asked by sherribeare at 9:35 PM on Jul. 19, 2010 in Travel

• Here you go - 2009 report

http://www.kiplinger.com/reports/best-cities/

TOP 5

1. Huntsville, Alabama
    2. Albuquerque, New Mexico
    3. Washington D.C. (if you have lots and lots of $$$$)
    4. Charlottesville, VA
    5. Athens, GA

tasches

Answer by tasches at 4:35 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• My hubby and I think it is the parents that make it a great place to raise your family. But as far as location, being close to family is great. We live in this tiny little area. It's clean, not the polution like any big cities. Yes it's boring and what is in the city isn't here for a short amount of time. But I can buy fresh and local produce, I have left the keys in my door all night and not had a break in. I have left my car windows down and unlocked and never had anything touched. You generally see someone you know while out and about. I like that small town safety!!
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 3:17 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I think it could be anywhere as long as the parents were strong I live in Denver and its okay my kids are great.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 9:40 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• Chicago is a great place to raise independent, cultured, color-blind children. Send me a message if you would like to chat.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:29 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I think that it really depends on the family. For us it is going to be somewhere in the midwest our of a city. For me it really would be wherever my parents and siblings are at. We have been away from them for 9 years and I would do anything to get back to them.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 3:23 PM on Jul. 20, 2010